2. WHO WE ARE PRAD 352—Digital PR Instructor: Matt Ragas Courtney Tunis— email@example.com Gage Nordlof – firstname.lastname@example.org Allie Vitas – email@example.com Chris Dubiel -- firstname.lastname@example.org PJ Hammer -- email@example.com
3. ABOUT MICHAEL VICK Born June 26, 1980 Played college football for Virginia Tech Finished third place in the Heisman Trophy Race during his freshman year Drafted first overall in the 2001 NFL draft by the Atlanta Falcons First African American QB to be drafted first overall 2007 – Vick was sentenced to 21 months in prison and 2 months of home confinement for his involvement in an illegal dog-fighting ring
4. ABOUT MICHAEL VICK June 2009 – the Falcons released Vick August 13, 2009 – Vick signed a one-year contract with the Philadelphia Eagles August 2011 – Vick signs a $100 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles Notable Endorsements Unequal Technologies (football pads) Nike Fuse Science (sport enhancing vitamins) Slogan – “I’ve learned…Don’t take anything for granted”
5. WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
6. VOLUME OF CONVERSATION ON ALLSOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
7. VOLUME OF CONVERSATION Michael Vick Twitter Volume
8. BREAKDOWN OF SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUME BY TYPE
9. OVERALL SENTIMENT OF CONVERSATION Word Cloud Positive NeutralNegative
18. ACTIONABLE SOCIAL MEDIA INSIGHTS We cannot have Vick downplay or ignore what he did, as the public and the media both demand that Vick demonstrate remorse and accountability for his actions. Vick will make television and radio appearances to discuss his mistake. Vick will speak out on animal cruelty and the mistakes that led to his incarceration.
19. ACTIONABLE SOCIAL MEDIA INSIGHTS It is in Vick’s best interest to donate a portion of the money he earns from his endorsement deals to an animal rights cause/organization. Make a series of public service announcements regarding animal cruelty and speak to schools about the importance of education and extracurricular activities to keep kids involved and out of trouble.
20. ACTIONABLE SOCIAL MEDIA INSIGHTS Establish Vick as a “changed man” The “New Michael Vick” With the advent of his upcoming book: Michael Vick: Finally Free, Vick should appear on Piers Morgan Tonight to discuss his book and his changed lifestyle Cameo appearance on “The League”
21. CONCLUSION Many still think poorly of Vick’s character Much of the chatter focuses on his performance in the NFL In comparison to his competitors, Vick’s maintains 31% of the conversation (share of voice) His competitors have higher positive sentiment overall than Vick The majority of conversation regarding Vick occurs on micromedia The next step for Vick is to follow our insights in order to improve his brand image
22. “So many people who serve time never get a fair secondchance. It’s never a level playing field for prisoners whenthey get out of jail . . .” – President Obama