1. When should I use Hoovers Premium? 0 Use Hoovers database when you are looking for information on companies and/or industries.0 Hoovers is not an article database. It has information that can help you write a company analysis, a strategic analysis, a SWOT analysis, or a business plan.
2. The Library Website0 http://www.daytonastate.edu/library/
3. Click on the link that says “Databases A to Z”
4. Sign in first0 Your borrower ID is your student ID #0 Your PIN is the last four digits of your Social Security number
5. Now you see a list of titles0 Scroll down the page about half way to find the H section. 0 Click on the title to go to the database.
6. 1. Click on the blue bar to connect to the database2. Then, click on the blue “Continue” button
7. Now you’re ready to search0Look at the tabs above the search box.0If you’re looking for information on a company, click on the “Company” tab. 0If you’re looking for industry information, use the “Industry” tab.0You should use the “People” tab only ifyou know the person’s name, such as the CEO of a particular company.
8. Working with your results 0Look at the information in the box under “Company Index.” 0You will see links to information on the company itself, its industry, its competition, news, financial information, stock information, and more.0All of this can be useful when formulating a strategic plan for a company.
9. Citing the Information0 For APA style, in Hoovers, each company is treated as a website would be.0 The “author” of the article is listed on the first page. (See the following slide.)0 For Darden Restaurants, the APA citation would look like this: 0 McClellan, M. (2012). Darden Restaurants, Inc. Retrieved from http://subscriber.hoovers.com/.
10. Need more help? Call 386-506-3055 or 386-785-2017 Add us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch on YouTube