1. Technology Toolsfor TeachersA to Z<br />A collection of Web 2.0 resources<br />to use in the classroom <br />
2. What is Web 2.0?<br />…a collection of Internet-based tools that allow users to collaborate and share information.<br />These tools can be categorized into the following general groups:<br /> Communication Organization/productivity<br /> Bookmarking Social networking<br /><ul><li>Digital storytelling</li></ul>Accessed via the Internet, they are generally free to use.<br />This A to Z list contains fun and creative tools that can be used to enhance student learning in any classroom.<br />
3. <ul><li>User-selected photos, video clips and music are analyzed by this free application, then turned into a video. The site claims that no two videos are ever the same.
4. Videos may be kept private, shared, or video links may be shared or posted elsewhere on the Web.</li></ul>www.animoto.com<br />
5. Automated citation and bibliography creator updated with current guidelines for popular formatting styles.<br />Citation Guide teaches students how to cite sources the “old fashioned way.”<br />Double-click to view video<br />www.bibme.org<br />
6. <ul><li>Upload and share PDFs, Word documents and PowerPoint files.
7. Online collaborating, highlighting, editing, notetaking and commenting, and revising.
8. Alleviates need to print hard copies and email files. </li></ul>www.crocodoc.com<br />
9. www.dropbox.com<br /><ul><li>2GB online dropbox for saving any files (docs, videos, photos).
10. Download app to all computers and mobile devices.
11. No more emailing files to yourself or carrying memory sticks with important files.
12. Shared folders allow people to work together or share.</li></li></ul><li>www.edmodo.com<br /><ul><li>Secure social learning platform for students, teachers and schools.
13. Store and share all types of digital content, post assignments, access homework, grades and information.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>Web-based flashcard program.
14. Create new flashcards in any language or search online for public flashcards.
15. Share with classmates or students.
16. Use smart phone apps to study.</li></ul>www.flashcardexchange.com<br />
17. <ul><li>Easily create animated videos.
18. Choose from backgrounds, characters and props.
19. Key in dialog of story.
20. Record dialog or use provided sounds.
21. Upload video to YouTube or in MPG format.</li></ul>Double-click to view video<br />www.goanimate.com<br />
22. <ul><li>One-stop educational resources for teachers.
23. Includes lesson plans, worksheets, puzzles, critical thinking activities for a variety of subjects.
24. Key in wordlists to build worksheets and puzzles.</li></ul>www.edHelper.com<br />
25. <ul><li>Create a customizable, personalized homepage.
26. Contains a Google search bar, and your choice of gadgets.
27. View Gmail messages, read news headlines, check out weather and stocks, store bookmarks for quick access to your favorite sites.</li></ul>Double-click to view video<br />www.igoogle.com<br />
28. Screen capture application.<br />Take a picture or a short video of something you<br /> see or do on your computer monitor.<br />Share instantly via email, blog or the Web.<br />Double-click to view video<br />www.techsmith.com/jing/<br />
29. <ul><li>Multimedia application that fosters creativity by allowing students to make artwork, movies, printed documents and tell stories.
30. Provides ideas for use and lesson plans for a wide variety of subject areas.
31. Create classes and student accounts.
32. Define access to collaborative features like group message board, chat and buddy draw.</li></ul>www.kerpoof.com<br />
33. www.livebinders.com<br /><ul><li>Online 3-ring binder used to organize information on a topic.
34. Define binder, specify categories or “tabs”.
35. Insert video, images, URLs, PDFs, documents.
36. Students view binder to access resources—no need for them to remember or key URLs.</li></li></ul><li>www.mixbook.com<br /><ul><li>Upload photos to create stunning photo books.
37. Great way for students to tell a story or chronicle a historical event.
38. Customize photo books with templates, decorations, stickers, layouts.
39. Share online via email, blog, wiki, web page.</li></ul>Double-click to view video<br />
40. <ul><li>Define your own private social networking site.
41. Students in a class or club can communicate, share music, videos, photos, files.
42. Customizable themes and layouts.</li></ul>www.ning.com<br />
43. <ul><li>Customizable Internet portal site.
44. Define bookmarks and view graphically by user-created categories.
45. Access favorite sites by clicking thumbnail—no need to remember URLs.</li></ul>www.only2clicks.com<br />
46. www.prezi.com<br /><ul><li>Web-based presentation package that uses a canvas for layout.
47. Include text, images, video and define a path for moving through presentation.
48. Canvas zooms and rotates to show presentation items.
49. Access from online library or download to computer or memory stick.</li></ul>Double-click to view video<br />
50. <ul><li>Create online quizzes.
51. Define classes and provide access to quizzes.
52. View quiz results, statistics by class and by question.
53. Create quizzes in multiple languages.
54. Include multimedia and images in quizzes.</li></ul>http://quizstar.4teachers.org/<br />
55. <ul><li>A handy application that keeps track of tasks, to-do lists.
56. Allows you to delegate/share tasks with others.
57. Manage tasks from anywhere: Gmail, Google calendar,
58. Apps available for iPad and smart phones.</li></ul>www.rememberthemilk.com<br />
59. <ul><li>Create digital scrapbooks, calendars, cards and photobooks.
60. Use themes, stickers, extras to enhance pages.
61. Share classwork via email, or post on blog or social network site.</li></ul>www.scrapblog.com<br />
62. <ul><li>Create or import online documents for group collaboration and revision.
63. Invite friends to view the document and contribute.
64. Import Word or PDF documents for group revision.</li></ul>www.typewith.me<br />
65. www.udutu.com<br /><ul><li>Create and manage online e-learning courses.
66. Upload images, movies, sound to personalize course screens and assessments.
67. Download courses to reside on user server or pay for Udutu to house course.</li></li></ul><li>www.voki.com<br /><ul><li>Create personalized speaking avatars using your voice.
68. Email Voki or embed code in Web site, wiki, blog.
69. Provide instructions, communicate or express thoughts and ideas.</li></li></ul><li>www.wallwisher.com<br /><ul><li>An Internet-based “wall” for posting comments, ideas, brainstorming, to-do lists.
70. Wall can be private or public.
71. Define a topic or ask a question. Users can post comments, images, videos.</li></li></ul><li>tagXedo<br /><ul><li>Turn words from a story, poem or famous speech into a spectacular word cloud.
72. Choose fonts, colors, themes. Pour into constrained shape or images.
73. Save word clouds for printing or sharing.</li></ul>www.tagXedo.com<br />
74. <ul><li>Video sharing Website.
75. Anyone can view, download and share videos.
76. Information on any topic is available.</li></ul>www.youtube.com<br />
77. <ul><li>A free application for online file conversion.
78. Supports common file format conversions.
79. Converted files are sent via email for saving and inclusion into Web, wikis, presentations.</li></ul>www.zamzar.com<br />
80. Technology Tools for Teachers A to Z<br />This presentation is available at <br />Use this presentation as a resource to experiment with any of these Web 2.0 applications that can be used to enhance learning in your classroom.<br />Please contact me with any questions. <br />