certain elements will be more effective with the active engagement of PKC attorneys.
1. PresentsA Social Media Marketing Framework For
2. Why Social Media? It’s where your markets are conversing Establish yourself as a trusted participant in these conversations. Search engine rankings Social media profiles not only add high quality pages to your search engine results page, social media links are a primary factor in search engine rankings.
3. Why Social Media?
4. Our Program Outline for PKC Compliance: Creation of Social Media Policy and Training Against the Policy; Development of Strategic Marketing Framework; Social Media Training & Consulting.
5. ComplianceCreation of Social MediaPolicy, Training, and Archiving
6. Compliance Guidelines toConsider No improper soliciting and anything that could be considered advertising must have disclaimer; No false or misleading information; No confidential information; Don’t create attorney/client relationship; No ex-parte communications; No improper contact with parties: opposing parties or attorneys in cases; Judges! Jury members! Don’t discuss cases online!
8. Compliance: ABA Model Rules 1.6 – Confidentiality; 4.2 - Communication With Person Represented by Counsel; 7.1 - Communications Concerning a Lawyer’s Services; 7.2 - Advertising (don’t pay for LinkedIn recommendations!); 7.3 - Direct Contact With Prospective Clients (soliciting); 8.3 - Reporting Professional Misconduct (you can be reported for social media violations); 8.4 – Misconduct.
9. Compliance: You Need a WrittenPolicy! We will work with you to create a written policy; We will help train participating employees against the policy; All participating employees will sign off on the policy; We can provide a turnkey archiving solution.
10. Social Media MarketingStrategies
11. Social Media Strategies Relay Station will develop a strategic framework for PKC; We can execute comprehensive content dissemination; Law is a highly specialized field – Many social tactics will be more effective with active participation of PKC attorneys; Who’s going to Tweet?
12. Social Media Strategy Objective: Attain new clients and increase business with existing clients
13. Social Media Goals: Generate leads; Network and relationship building; Showcase your expertise and experience; Engage with relevant communities: legal, business, government, and consumer; Gather Intelligence: information to support your work; competitive/market intelligence; Get and promote speaking engagements and media; Search Engine Rankings and branding; Increase traffic.
14. Social Media Strategies: GatheringIntelligence - Listening! Monitor the web for discussions relevant to PKC practice areas: Blogs; LinkedIn; Twitter; Legal social media sites; Facebook and Google + (to a lesser extent). *** PKC participation point: To what extent can PKC help select content sources, filter content, and review weekly?
15. Social Media Strategies:Blogging The essential cornerstone of your social media and content strategy, you social media hub! http://www.bakerlaw.com/news/blogs/ Build a blog into your website; 2 - 4 blog posts/week on topics relevant to PKC practice areas; www.asylumist.com; Post all articles and publications to your blog; Syndicate all blog posts across the social web. *** PKC participation point: To what extent can PKC produce blog posts? (We can provide estimates for ghost writers).
16. Social Media Strategies: BlogCommenting Comment on 2 – 4 outside blog posts per week; We will provide guidance as to posting opportunities.*** PKC participation point: To what extent can PKC post comments on blogs?
17. Social Media Strategies:LinkedIn The most important network for law firm marketing, consider these 2010 stats: 78% of lawyers have joined a social network; 71% of in-house counsel use LinkedIn; 2.25 million lawyers have LinkedIn profiles!
18. LinkedIn Objectives In-person meetings! Skype and phone calls!
19. LinkedIn Strategies Build optimized profiles for several PKC attorneys and get connections; Get Recommendations: Consider and choose what you want to be recommended for; Decide who to ask; Tell them what to say; Use keywords and bullet points. Content: Post all blog posts, events, seminars and publications across all LinkedIn profiles.
20. LinkedIn Strategies Groups: Research relevant groups; Join local groups with meetings!!! Start discussions! Ask questions! Target and contact: Use advanced search: i.e. “council” at “commercial real estate” or “specific targeted company”; Click on their profile, join their groups, add as connection! Use LinkedIn apps, add blog posts to your profile; Join American Corporate Council Group, and local chapters....
21. LinkedIn Strategies Add all events, speaking engagements, webinars, etc.; Use LinkedIn Answers: You can use questions to message all your connections; It’s good to answer questions!
22. LinkedIn StrategiesWe will: Optimize existing profiles; Create new optimized profiles; Provide regular strategic guidance.PKC participation point: To what extent can PKC engage in LinkedIn conversations and networking on a weekly basis?
23. Social Media Strategies: Twitter Why Twitter? Engage with existing and potential clients; Disseminate content, create links – reporters monitor Twitter, ask Jason! Build communities; Real time research: Monitor what people are saying about your firm and your practice areas; 200 million tweets/day! More than one million Twitter Apps! Twitter as a customer service tool (DMs).
24. Twitter Strategies A Twitter strategy to gather intelligence, drive traffic, and generate leads: Search Twitter and monitor keyword streams related to your marketing targets; Develop lists of relevant influencers; Answer questions; Ask questions; Retweet; Comment; Tweet PKC content!
25. Twitter StrategiesPKC participation point: To what extent can PKC engage in Twitter strategies, ask and answer questions, and tweet interesting information?
26. Social Media Strategies:Facebook The largest social network, near 700 million users! Generate brand awareness and loyalty; Reinforce customer loyalty and leadership position in your practice areas; Facebook likes and recommendations are better than advertising; Requires diligence, many pitfalls for lawyers…. Be careful friending judges….
27. Facebook Strategies Build up PKC Facebook page; Get likes (especially from clients and your professional networks); Post comments, blog posts, and other useful information; Get recommendations from clients; Post comments from the Facebook page; Post content to PKC attorney profile pages.
28. Social Media MarketingTraining and Consulting
29. Social Media Training &ConsultingWe will provide social media training and ongoing consulting that will enable PKC to execute the social media strategies presented: LinkedIn - Optimizing profiles, getting recommendations, engaging targets, using Groups and Answers; Twitter - Searching and monitoring Twitter, building and using lists, optimizing your Tweets for maximum impact; Facebook – Building an engaging Facebook presence, attracting likes, generating content to Facebook, engaging with communities. Blogger outreach - Developing blog lists, and comment posting strategies; Content strategies - Developing engaging and effective content for use in social media; Regular consulting sessions - to answer questions and suggest tactics.
30. Reporting and Analytics Monthly Activity Reports; Google Analytics; SEO and Social Media Reporting with Raven Tools.