is one of the most remarkable men whose birth was foretold to his parents by an angel
3. Samson’s birth was not an accident, he was born
……because GODpurposedSamson’s birth, that is to ‘save the Israelites from the power of the Philistines’ (Judges 13:5)
4. •Realise there is a purpose that God wants you to fulfil before He sets down to create you
•Realise God has made you with all the necessary potential to be able to fulfil the purpose
•Realise that you are born because God purposed it
What is the purpose of your life?
5. Before his birth Samson was set apart as a Nazaritei.e. entirely consecrated / dedicated to God. In token of his consecration
•he drank no wine
•allowed his hair to grow, untouched by the razor.
6. ‘Before I formed you in the womb
I knew you, before you were born
I set you apart’,
Every child of God is a consecrated manYou are also separated for God
7. God endowed Samson with supernatural strength -a strength which never could have been the result of mere muscles and sinews
Because of the disobedience
1.Samson lost his strength (it’s not in hair)
2.Adam & Eve lost the paradise (it’s not in fruit)
To become disobedient is to sin or rebel against God
(I Samuel 15:22,23)
8. It was not the fashioning of Samson's body that made him strong; it was not the arm, or the fist with which he smote the Philistines; it was a miracle that dwelt within him, a continued going forth of the omnipotence of God, which made him mightier than thousands of his enemies.
whole life is a scene of miracles and follies. Often corrected; still he sins again.
10. At last he falls into the hands of
11. What is your Delilah?
What is the sinin your life that you are foolishly toying with?
What is the toythat you are playing with that can bring your own destruction?
the great hero, has fallen!
His enemies make sport of him!
14. Listen to Samson’s
SovereignLord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just one more time
15. Are you desperate too?
You too can pray like Samson…..
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sinsand purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9