Motorola India Electronics Limited, # 30, New Boys Hostel,
TSR towers, H. No. #6-3-1090, Gachibowli, IIIT
Rajbhavan Road, Somajiguda, Hyderabad– 500 019
Hyderabad – 500 082 email@example.com
+91-40- 23308090-ext: 3139 +91-40-23000173-ext30
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com http://students.iiit.net/~ssvel
Good Team Player, Confident, Effective and an Efficient Communicator. The positive abilities of
are to set goals and trying to achieve those with dedication, accepting risk and challenges,
working under pressure and working as very compatible team player as well as leader would
make for an ideal combination in the software industry.
To be an Entrepreneur, after gaining vast experience in an area of IT and Management by giving
my best efforts to my opportunity provider
•University Rank Holder in Eighth semester of B.E.
•University Best Academic Project
•University Top scorer in Engineering Drawing during Graduation
•Centum in Math's during Secondary
Technical front: Official representative for "Tamil Internet 2003” held in Chennai
Cultural front: President of the college fine arts society, Participated & secured a lot of prizes
Literary front: Worked as Press Correspondent in Vikatan (leading Tamil weekly)
Service front: Founder president of Student Exnora Programme & President of YRC in college
Date of Birth 24th Feb, 1981
Age 22 Years
Natural Languages English, Tamil, Hindi, Telugu
Sex, Marital Status Male, Single
Passport Details E0669681 (ECNR)(04/01/2002 to 03/01/2012)(Trichy)
Father, Designation S.Sankaran, Asst. Director of Agriculture, TN Agricultural Department
Qualification Discipline Institute Board/University PassingYear %/CGPA
M.Tech CSE IIIT, AP Deemed April’2004 7.1(Till dt.)
B.E IT JJCET, TN Bharathidasan April’2002 73
Hr.Sec 10+2 MPCC BHHSS, TN BHSE, TN June’1998 75
Sec 10 N.A BHHSS, TN BSE, TN June’1996 87
• Network Centric Computing in NIIT
• VLSI in National Institute Of Technology, Trichy (formerly R.E.C.T)
• DSP in National Institute Of Technology, Trichy (formerly R.E.C.T)
• Wireless and Mobile Communication in Ushamartin Academy of Commn. Tech. –I.I.T
• Convergent Networking in Ushamartin Academy of Communication Technology –I.I.T
• Modern Telecom Networks in Ushamartin Academy of Communication Technology –I.I.T
• Optical Networking in Ushamartin Academy of Communication Technology –I.I.T Madras
• Unix administration (Solaris) in Wilshire software technologies, Hyderabad
• Oracle database administration in Wilshire software technologies, Hyderabad
• MCSE in Zoom Technologies India Private Limited, Hyderabad
• CCNA in Zoom Technologies India Private Limited, Hyderabad
• Cisco Networking Academy Program (CCNA) in Cisco Regional Academic Training Center
Resume of S.Shanmugavel Confidential Page 1 of 4
Organization Global Software Division, Motorola India Electronics Private Limited, Hyderabad
Designation Project Trainee Engineer
Duration 15/06/2003 – Till Date (Complete third semester of M.Tech)
Project Migration of Oracle to Open Source Database in an EMS
Area working Java, Oracle, MySQL and other open source databases
Tools Rational Rose, Clearcase, 6 Sigma quality systems, CMMI process, TPC-W
Highlights of Project
Selected for special demo to Mrs. Padmashree warrior, Senior VP and CTO, Motorola Inc.
“Benchmarking Database” –an article published in “Milestone”, a bi-monthly technical mag. of MIEL
Selected among 200 final year students for this internship.
Working for a MIEL’s world-class flagship product “DOCSIS Device Manager”.
Done performance analysis and wrote evaluation guidelines.
Presently working on Benchmark suite that evaluates all databases.
Coordinating a team of 2 programmers.
Managing this essential cost-cutting project of MIEL efficiently.
o Software Engineering (XP, POD, HA, TSP and PSP)
o Database administration (Backup, Recovery, Networking and Tuning)
o System Administration and Network Administration
Interests outside of work
Haiku and Poem writing
Journalism and Photography
An analysis report by Psychometric Testing Division
1. Tends to be independent-minded, self assured and assertive.
2. Tends to be stable, calm and constant in attitude and interest.
3. Tends to be liberal and freethinking. Also open to new ideas.
4. Is self-confident, cheerful and secured.
5. Tend to be resourceful.
6. Prefers own decisions and responses are consistent.
Academic Stream Guide : Dr.P.Krishna Reddy
Specialization Project-2 Organization: Date Engineering Research Center, IIIT, Hyderabad
“Data migration “ Duration : Third Semester of M.Tech (Under Research)
Abstract: Reading research papers for coming up with new strategy for
Guide : Dr.P.Krishna Reddy , Associate Professor-IIIT
Academic Stream Organization: International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid
Specialization Project – Tropics (ICRISAT), Hyderabad
1 “Data mining “ Duration : Third Semester of M.Tech (Under Research)
Environment: Windows 9x/Me/XP/2000, weka-3-3-5
Abstract: Analyzing datasets of Rice Crop and apply data mining
algorithms to mine some information from them for predicting about the
pest control measures.
Resume of S.Shanmugavel Confidential Page 2 of 4
Advanced Software Guide : Dr. Vasudeva Varma
engineering Course Organization: IIIT, Hyderabad
Project Duration : Third Semester of M.Tech (Under Research)
“Software Environment: SPE·ED (performance modeling tool), UML
Performance Abstract: Doing extensive research in Performance oriented design,
Engineering ” Performance patterns and Performance anti-patterns Using ‘Speed’ for
developing performance models and trying to emulate a better tool.
Internal Guide: Dr.Rajeev Sangal, Director-IIIT
Summer Intern Project Organization: Language Technology Research Center, IIIT, Hyderabad
“Shakti-English to Tamil Duration : Summer’2003 15/4 to 15/6
Experimental Machine Abstract: To experiment and improve the existing “Shakti-English to
Translation System“ Hindi translation system” to English to Tamil language. It’s a joint project
with Anna University-KBC research Center, Chennai. Preparing a
Technical Paper under the guidance of Dr.Sangal. Institute sponsored
candidate for TI’2003 International conference on Tamil Computing.
Software engineering Guide : Dr. Vasudeva Varma
Course Project Organization: IIIT, Hyderabad
“Library Management Duration : Second Semester of M.Tech
System” Environment: Windows 9x/Me/XP/2000, UML, MS Visio, UP
Abstract: Modeling them into 6 different modules created a System for
Managing Library. Developing a search module using UML to automate
the library system of IIIT for searching Details of Books and Research
DBMS Course Project Guide : Dr.P.Krishna Reddy
“Blood Bank Organization: Date Engineering Research Centre, IIIT, Hyderabad
Management ” Duration : Second Semester of M.Tech
Environment: Windows NT, Oracle, VB, SQL
Abstract: A system based on Oracle and Visual Basic for efficient
database management of a blood bank.
Guide : Mr.S.GuruBaskaran, Senior Software Engineer
BE-Academic Project Client : Dept of IT, JJCET, Trichy
“Livmon” Duration : Nov 17 2001 – May 17 2002
Project Title : Livmon-Live Monitoring System
Environment : Visual Studio 6.0, TCP/IP and Windows NT
Abstract: This project was done as a work for the partial fulfillment of the
requirements of BE degree. Nominated for best projects award from our
institute and secured "University Best Academic Project" award
Resource Management Guide : Mr.Sathyanarayanan Ramakrishnan, Project Manager.
Course Project Organization : Wipro India Limited, Bangalore
“Control Chart Client : Dept of IT, JJCET, Trichy
Package” Duration : Sixth Semester of B.E
Environment : Windows, VC++
Abstract : A Quality control Chart Generator tool in C using Statistical
techniques Though the initial team comprised of the three given
members, the full restructured implementation was done by me.
Resume of S.Shanmugavel Confidential Page 3 of 4
Aspired Professional Certifications
•Sun Certified System Administrator for the solaris operating system (SCSA)
•Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
•Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
•Oracle9i Database Administrator Certified Professional (OCP)
•Languages C, C++, Core Java
•Operating Systems GNU/Linux, Windows 2000/ME/XP/9X, Unix, Solaris
•RDBMS Oracle 8i,PL/SQL, MySQL, postGRE
•Middleware Corba, J2EE
•Miscellaneous HTML, XML, Matlab, TMS 320 C5X, Xilinx, Verilog, Shell
• Optimize INIT.ORA parameters to best utilize the system’s resources.
• Managing Control Files, Redolog Files and Archived Redolog Files
• Managing users, resources, privileges and roles.
• Cold Backup and Hot Backup with Archive log Mode.
• Backup using tar, cpio and ufsdump commands to dat type tape
• Network between Oracle server and Oracle clients using Oracle net.
• Oracle tools Export, Import and Sql*loader.
• Recovery in both Noarchive log mode and archive log mode
System Administration (solaris)
• Installation of Solaris 8 on Intel Pentium and sun SPARC machine.
• Invoke boot PROM commands from the OK prompt to customize the system boots.
• Administration and Installation of devices and different types of file systems.
• Adding users & groups and customizing user environment.
• Manage software packages using pkgadd, pkgrm commands and using Admintool.
• Use Solaris Management Console to perform user, group, and serial port mgmt duties
• Configuration of the syslog system logging utility.
• Install the Solstice Disksuite applictns. and apply to dynamically grow a file system.
• Configuration of NFS server & client, AutoFS, Cachefs, NIS master, slave and client.
Professional memberships & Additional Professional Activities
• Student member of IEEE
• Student member of ACM
• Volunteer of Andhra Pradesh Technology Leadership Council
• Active student member of Kani Thamizh Sangam
• Active member IIIT Chapter of SEI Software Process Improvement Network
• Active Google translator for "Google in Your Language"
• Technical Member of India Chapter of the Internet Society
G.Bhaskar Rao, firstname.lastname@example.org Lead Engineer, Motorola India Ltd., Hyderabad
Manager for Motorola training (0-94403-60009)(040-23308090 - ext: 3212)
Dr.P.Krishna Reddy, email@example.com Associate Professor, DERC, IIIT, Hyderabad
Guide for M.Tech. Academic stream specialization project (040-23001967-ext: 131)
S.GuruBaskaran, Guru.firstname.lastname@example.org SSE, Honeywell, Bangalore
Guide for B.E. Academic project (0-98861-41452)
Resume of S.Shanmugavel Confidential Page 4 of 4