1.How many database instances do you need to support? What version (s) of Oracle
will be supported?
Remote DBA Program
2. W hat type of secure external access to the Oracle database servers will be provided?
3. Do you possess a valid Oracle CSI number for access to O racle Technical Support?
4. Do you have test instances that are an accurate representation of production?
Will test database need support?
5. Is there a Change Management procedure in place for Production databases?
6. W ill remote support have pre-approved production changes?
-- This will involve any changes to objects owned by the oracle user.
-- Example: Schema, scheduled jobs, initialization parameters, tablespaces.....
7. W ill this be 100% remote Oracle database administration support for
-- Includes 24x7 access to remote DBA staff
8. Are there any on-site O racle DBA 's currently in p lace? 19. Is there any High Availiblity technolog y or Fail-over technology?
( RAC or Data Guard)
9. W ill there be any O racle RAC systems?
20. Any Oracle Data Warehouse?
10. W hat type of backup solutions are currently being utilized? · Business Intelligence?
· Oracle Advance Replication?
11. Is there any implementation with A SM?
21. Do you require Full Datab ase Outsourcing or Off Hours supp ort?
12. W hat is the procedure followed to apply CPU patches?
21. What type of Operating Systems does the Oracle d atabases interact with?
13. Any p lans for new installations?
· Migrations? Standard Services Performed by iAppSys remote DBA:
· Configuration changes?
14. Is there any monitoring or administration using ·REVIEW of the Oracle database config
Oracle Enterprise Manager? G rid Control? ·Installation of AWR statistics, ASH SQL reports,
·ADDM reports and other statistics collections
15. Any d ocumentation for Disaster recovery analysis or testing? ·Hourly, Daily, and Weekly Health Checks
16. W hat are the current SLA's for custo mers?
·Identification of bottlenecks: SQL, Memory, CPU, I/O
·Identification/resolve of all Oracle alert log messages
17. Rate the top five categoies: ·Quick emergency support for all production database issues
- Database A vailability ·User and security management
- Backup and Recovery ·Oracle SQL Tuning
- Proactive Database Monitoring
- Problem Management
·Implementing self-tuning database mechanisms
- Change Management ·Implementing new database features
- Quality Management
- SOX and HIPAA compliance
18. Are there any non-Oracle technologies being used with the O racle database (Veritas Clusting)?
19. Is there any High A vailability technology or Fail-over technology? ( RAC or D ata Guard)