1. iPadsin the Elementary Classrooms Mr. Daryl Imanishi and Ms. Dainty Angeles
2. Is this the way of thefuture?
3. Goals for iPad Implementation• to promote 21st century teaching and learning in the classroom• to increase student engagement and literacy skills• to facilitate learning by allowing students to o access, use, create and publish digital and online information o develop knowledge, understanding and skills through creativity and critical thinking o collaborate with others o communicate in a variety of ways, their knowledge and learning experiences
4. Session Learning Targets:1. I can become familiar with the iPad and its features.2. I can explore and discover at least 1 or more apps to use in my classroom.3. I can start thinking of ways to utilize IT tools in the classroom.
5. iPads in Literacy
6. Basic Reading Skills ABC Alphabet Phonics - Alphabet Ordering, ABC Song, Letters Matching and Phonics Sound Over 6,000 words grouped by phonics sounds. This app is awesome to teach phonic awareness! Learn phonics vowel sounds, and letter combinations with this fun kids game. Knowing vowel letters and their sounds is an important step in learning to read.
7. Practice Sight Words Fun, simple, and fully customizable. You can even create your own lists and add your own sound. Add your own items - with your own voice and pictures too! A fun way to learn sight words by sight, sound & touchPresented by grade levelTwo modes available:- Read the sight words- Spell the sight words!Once the word is read/spelled correctly it can be marked off bytouching the checkmark agains the word. This helps to filter out thewords that have already been mastered and the ones that need to bepracticed.
8. Word Games Chicktionary A fun word scramble game that reinforces spelling skills. A simple and fun way for ESL students to practice learning words in a classroom environment. The idea is simple; Each player takes a seat around the iPad and taps in to start. The game begins as images zoom into the playing area. The first player to match the word to the image scores a point. Win 3 rounds and youll be awarded a giant (but very friendly) seedling...
9. Spelling Practice An easy to use engaging app that help kids learn common spellings. The kids see a picture and hear the word and then type the spelling using the on screen key pad.Spelling Test
10. Sentence Builders The child hears the sentence, watches the words scatter, and then puts the words back into place. teaches kids grammar, sentence structure, and develops their listening skills.Sentence Builder
11. Library of Interactive Books Read Me Stories Audiobooks iBooks
12. Using iPad in Reading - 3Rs Recorderaudioboo
13. Voice Dictation w/SiriHow to activate Siri: • Open Settings and tap “General” • Find “Siri” and flip the switch to “ON”, make any changes to Voice Feedback, Language, and your identity as necessary • Close out of Settings and Siri is ready to goWith Siri enabled, hold down the Home button for about 2 seconds to activate Siri and start asking questions, request information, and even launch apps.Convert speech into editable text that can be copied or sent via e-mail.Great for learners who prefer talking over writing. Improves spelling too.
14. Access EducationalResourcesBrainpop Username: risthailand Password: bangkokBrainpop Jr.Khan Academy
15. Mind Mapping/Diagrams popplet Idea Sketch
16. Math Practice Mad Math is perfect for kids to practice their addition, subtraction, multiplication, and Division Facts. Students can even draw right on the flashcard! Math Ninja Rocket Math MATH MISSIONS: Use your math skills to ▸ Numbers defend your treehouse ▸ Telling Time against a hungry tomato ▸ U.S. Money ▸ 3D Shapes and his robotic army in this ▸ Arithmetic fun action packed game!
17. Using iPad to teach aMath Concept Magnetic ABC
18. Social StudiesStack the CountriesHAVE FUN LEARNING ALL ABOUT THE COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD:▸ Capitals▸ Landmarks▸ Major Cities▸ Continents▸ Border Countries▸ Languages▸ Flags▸ Country Shapes
19. ART- Drawing and PaintingBrushes Doodle Buddy
20. Picture CollagesPic Collage PicWall Visual Dictionaries Fun Photo Collages Different Kinds of Motion
21. Comic Creation
22. Digital Storytelling
23. Puppet Pals• Create short instructional videos (in different learning areas)• Storytelling, News Reports, Historic Retells• Help reluctant public speakers present to the class • Help ESL students practice their fluency & language skillsTo use Puppet Pals, students select characters, settings, and a title; and then narrate a story while animating the characters and props using their fingers. You can create your own backdrops and characters using pictures from your Camera Roll, and export the finished video files to iMovie, YouTube, etc.
24. Sock Puppets
26. iPad Basics Turn On - Press On/off button Turn Off - Hold down On/off button and slide on screen switch to off Take a Screen Shot - Hold down Home button and On/off button simultaneously. Screen shot will go into photos. Mute Switch - Slide Silent/Screen rotation lock. Set this switch in Settings. Home Button - used to wake the iPad when it is sleeping. It is also used to exit out of applications
27. Create.....a tutorialAct out a scene from a bookRecommend a booka short storyetc...Share:Puppet Pals HD – save- export to camera rollSock Puppets: upload to Youtube (email@example.com, ruamrudee)Toontastic: upload to Toontube (firstname.lastname@example.org, ruamrudee)
28. Book Creators Little Story MakerStory Kit My Story Book Maker for Kids
29. Digital Storytelling usingimages /videos :Sonic PicsAnimotoVoiceThread
30. Create Movies video editorUsing iMovie to make films to demonstrate learning across the curriculum. Children can collaborate to produce high quality outcomes. Film, edit, produce and share on the iPad. Use iMovie on an iMac to combine childrens films and send to iDVD.
31. iPads in a 2nd GradeClassroomhttp://www.youtube.com/watch? v=7WLEr4lp4o8&feature=relmfu
32. Design a TutorialDirections:Choose one of the above screen recording with interactive whiteboards.Create a step by step a tutorial for students that teaches any concept or a tutorial showcasing your favorite iPad app that you want your students to start using (take screenshots of your app to be included in tutorial.Your tutorial should not be longer than 3 minutesShare:With Educreations: to share, press Done-Save Lesson- Public viewWith ShowmeApp: Share the tutorial clip by uploading it to ShowMeApp.com from within the app.With ScreenChomp: send it to the "cloud"after recording is complete, you will receive a unique URL (Web address). Please note (copy) that URL and email it to me: email@example.com. We will share the example on a webpage.
33. Content Management• Email• Google Drive• GDrive• Connect to your computer- Iphoto (photos and videos) with Google Drive you can: GDrive is a Google Drive client on - Edit Google documents with formatting and iDevice. With the help of GDrive, collaboration - Edits to your Google documents appear to collaborators youre able to read your in seconds documents, view photos, watch - Richer Google presentations with animations and videos and manager your files speaker notes stored on Google Drive. - Create a new folder or Google document - Upload photos and videos from your device or a photo directly from your camera - Move an item to a folder in your Drive - Delete and remove files from your Drive
34. iPad app resources• Shared Google Doc• http://tcea.org/ipad• http://tvstechtips.edublogs.org/ipads/• Free Apps for iPad (HongXiu)• Appsfire Deals
35. iPad appevaluationto be used by teachers tocritically look at each appthey are contemplatingusing with their students.not meant to be exclusivefor evaluating an app, butcould be considered astarting point and aplatform to build upon.
36. ES iPad Team1. Curriculum Apps Content2. Logistics & Procedures3. Training