In this example the perspective lines are drawn in to show you where they are.
As long as you have a horizon line and a vanishing point, you can draw anything in perspective.
There are lots of examples of linear perspective all around us. From farms to the city to infrastructure and transportation…
There is even linear perspective in the grid.
Comic books and comic strips still make use of a very simple multiple image narrative to tell their stories. The viewer is needed to fill the frames that are missing. (explain the Snoopy comic)
Story boards are multiple image narratives. Animators and filmmakers use these to deliver full stories in a fast and deliberate manner to sell their ideas. Almost no words are used, and the story is still complete. This is much more effective than creating a full feature length movie only for the producers to hate to original idea.
One of the first movies to be made. Kinetiscope.
Movies shot to film reel which is basically a series of sequential images to show motion.
1. Creating theIllusion of: Space
2. Line• Linear networks and continuity lines help create a sense of space.Shape• Different degrees of representational definition(high-low) help create space.Texture• The levels of density and darkness help create space.Value• Value can be used to draw forms and atmospheric perspective to show space.Color• The use of muted tones with intense color also show space in a composition
3. Linear PerspectiveDefinition•A mathematical system for projecting the apparent dimensions of a three-dimensional object onto a flat surface.
4. Linear Perspective
5. Linear Perspective
6. Linear PerspectiveVanishing Point• The point at which objects disappear entirely into the horizon.Horizon Line (Eye Level)• The perspective line that helps establish the height of the camera or the artists eye.
7. Linear Perspective
8. Linear Perspective
9. Creating theConcept of: Narrative
10. NarrateTo retell the accounts of anevent, experiences etc. whetherfictional or not.• Essentially to tell stories…
11. Storytelling…is one of the most ancientand effective forms ofcommunication because…• Stories can increase self-awareness.• Stories can provide inspiration.• Stories can be informative.• Stories can encourage understanding.
12. Multiple Image Narrative We A series of just images can tell want a complete story. to tell our stories Each image is linked together with images sequentially. They build on the previous image and leads to the next keeping the story continuous.