1. Third National Leading a Digital School Conference
Leading & BloggingLeading & Blogging
2. This practical workshop will present
leaders and aspiring leaders an opportunity
to establish/develop a blog and use it to
influence professional development,
community & student engagement, as well
as thought. Participants may choose to
continue this workshop online at home and
ongoing support is provided.
3. Deputy Principal in a state high school of
nearly 1000 students in NSW (since 2006)
Formerly an English teacher HT
Two young daughters in pre-school and
Partner, also an English teacher
Writing about and using blogs in education
4. 1. Primary principal
3. DP or AP
5. 1. Yes
6. 1. Yes
7. What are you doing to ‘walk the walk’?
How are you leading by example?
What will develop or change post-
8. Do any of the following quotes resound
with you considering your role as a
school leader? Why?
How would your colleagues and staff
respond? Are they fair? Are they funny?
9. The illiterate of the 21st century will not be
those who cannot read and write, but those
who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
10. You can’t steer a parked car.
11. Most educators would continue to lecture on
navigation while the ship is going down.
James H. Boren
12. If you don’t like change, you’re going to like
irrelevance even less.
General Eric Shinseki,
Chief of Staff, U.S. Army
13. He is either dead or teaching school.
14. First Rule of Staff Development: work with
15. An incompetent teacher is even worse than
an incompetent surgeon because a surgeon
can only cut up one person at a time.
16. Leadership is getting someone to do what
they don’t want to do, to achieve what they
want to achieve.
17. The fates guide those who go willingly; those
who do not, they drag.
18. Technology is dominated by those who
manage what they do not understand.
19. We must be the change we wish to see in the
20. Teachers open the door. You enter by
21. Few things are harder to put up with than
the annoyance of a good example.
22. Network with others
Personal and professional growth
Online presence and identity
Warehouse professional resources
Learn new skills
Lead by example
23. Please access http://darcymoore.net/
24. about being a perfect
Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There’s a crack in everything—
That’s how the light gets in.