1. Uses of ICT in
Objective: To explore a range of ways ICT
can be used in the MFL classroom.
2. Find already made resources on these websites:
Making Your Job Easier
3. Find already made resources on these websites:
Making Your Job Easier (2)
4. Find inspiration here:
Twitter – join the MFL twitterati
MFL Ideas Blogs (see next slide)
Giving You Inspiration
5. MFL Ideas Factory
MFL Hampshire Blogs
Dom’s MFL Page
Resources for the MFL Classroom
Making MFL Fun and Relevant
7. Motivational (boys especially)
Monitor students learning
Games – competition element
Easy to set as homework tasks
8. Can be used in lessons/to set homework tasks
Show links to useful websites
Allows students to give feedback safely
9. Remind students of tests/homework
Share music videos or newspaper articles in
Share useful MFL websites
10. See what students have learnt throughout the lesson –
all in one place
Approve any comments before they are viewed by other
Create numerous boards with passwords so only certain
people can access them
Embedded onto blog
11. Upload vocabulary lists which are automatically made
into flashcards, games and tests.
Embed onto blogs.
Students can listen to pronunciation.
Games work well with boys – competition!
Import vocabulary lists easily.
Helpful when revising for vocab tests.
12. Make both match up games and quizzes
Students (boys especially) love the competition –
games are timed.
Good for revision.
13. Allows you to upload texts in TL
Generates various games – gap fills, word order
Can be printed
14. Make your own games in TL
Competitive – timed
15. Create your own pages of images,
songs and videos
Easy to use
16. Allows you to make your own games
17. Radio app on phones – plenty of
French and Spanish radio stations!
Tune in radio
18. Easy to use – just copy the link into the box and it
creates the QR code for you
Give this to the students and they scan it on their
phones and it takes them directly to the website
This can also be done with texts and images