Watch this fascinating webinar and explore the challenges of KPIs as lagging indicators and how, by switching mainly to leading indicators, you can genuinely transform focus and performance.
KPIs in shared services are the most commonly broken instrument in use by management in today’s business environment. In a desire to drive increased efficiency and better outcomes for customers, and with the mantra ‘what you can’t measure you can’t manage’ ringing in our ears, management are collecting data that relates to performance but typically does not DRIVE performance.
We are seeing KPIs that are:
- detrimental to the overall success of the business and;
- encouraging the ‘gaming’ of KPIs for achievement of personal or departmental objectives
The core issues is that lagging indicators, today’s typical KPI set, measure only outputs. We need LEADING indicators to measure and drive the insight and decision making that produces improved performance. We will also be looking at the role of leading indicators, including the Key Exception Indicators and examples of best practices. We will share the Top KPIs in use today, challenge them and share a more balanced approach for driving winning behaviour.
In particular we are examining:
- Leading and lagging Indicators across shared services processes
- The challenge of traditional lagging KPIs
- The most common KPIs for shared services
- How to use indicators to drive behaviour
- How to engage the customer
- Developing an AID-Board
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.