The next five years or PR in 30 minutes
the good news
• $11.3 billion in revenue.
• 2.6% growth from 2008-2013
• 3.6% growth from 2013-2018
• Low Barriers to Entry + Medium
Revenue Volatility=Good Business
• Social has helped drive this.
A quick example
Big questions with no magic
answers at the moment
• Is it OK to pay for play?
• If so, what are
• Who owns the content?
Is it ok to pay for play?
The new york times is onboard
The Features Via Mashable:
•Discoverability for marketers' content
consistent with other editorial stories and
•Set of storytelling tools and continuously
•Real-time engine so marketers can
understand what's going on on our site.
•A set of social amplification dashboards.
If so, what are the transparency
• Every organization has different
• Every media outlet has different
• There’s conflicting data on how
much consumers really care.
Who owns the content?
• Who writes it?
• Who edits it?
• How is it displayed?
• This is the social media
argument all over again.
This is the final slide.
It is not the end