2. Test Your Information Quotient (I.Q.)1. View the panels 2. Complete Quiz form 3. Redeem Free Gift OR Bouncy Castle ride
3. FREE Balloons & Instant Photos
4. What is Information Literacy?Information literacy is the core oflifelong learning.It prepares the person to: • articulate his information needs • seek, identify, locate, evaluate & use information effectively.
5. What is Information Literacy?Being information literate is a prerequisite foreffective participation in an information society… because information literacy prepares the person to become independent learners & critical thinkers.
6. National Information Literacy Programme (NILP)We aim to nurture a nation of discerning informationusers.
7. Information Literacy WorkshopsOur workshops seek to empower a person to becomeinformation literate citizens who are equipped to function inan information society. Our holistic and comprehensiveprogrammes are customized for Teachers, Parents &Students.
8. Information Literacy WorkshopsParticipants of our workshops can expect to learnlifelong skills such as: • The Big6 information problem-solving process • How to develop effective search strategies • How to get better search results on the Internet • How to evaluate information and select reliable & relevant information • How to cite information sources • How to locate good information sources for school projects
9. Information Literacy Programmes Electronic Resources training for office workers
10. Information Literacy Programmes Electronic Resources training for office workers
11. Information Literacy Programmes Parent –Child Workshops
12. Information Literacy Programmes Parent –Child Workshops
13. Information Literacy Programmes Basic Information Literacy Skills for Students
14. Information Literacy Programmes Basic Information Literacy Skills for Students
15. Information Literacy Programmes Basic Information Literacy Skills for Students
16. Information Literacy Programmes Outreach Events & Road Shows
17. Should I use thisinformation for my homework? You can ask yourself 5 simple questions…
18. #1: Who wrote it? Canhe/she be trusted?
19. #2: Is the informationright or obviously wrong?
20. #3: Is the informationoutdated or up-to-date?
21. #4: Is the informationcoverage broad or narrow?
22. #5: Is the informationpresented in a balancedmanner?
23. Visit our website for more information: infolit.nl.sg