2. First StepFirst Step• At first we make the mixture for rice. Tothis mix rice vinegar and sugar at aratio of 3 to 1.• Can mix three tablespoons in a cup ofvinegar and sugar, stirring until thelatter is nearly dissolved. It is normal notdissolve completely.
3. Second StepSecond Step• Well put a cup of rice in a colanderand hold it under running water untilthe rice loses starch. At first the filteredwater is whitish rice as the starch isgone again be transparent. Pour therice in a saucepan over medium heat,without oil or salt.
4. Second StepSecond Step• We will move the rice to aerate andwill miss the pot boiling water, abouttwo cups of water per cup of rice. Sorice should remain about 20 minutesover low heat. It is essential that duringthis process the rice does not hit us.Turn off the heat and pour the rice intoa bowl, where little by little we will beadding the mixture from step 1.
5. Third StepThird Step• Extend the mat (makisu) and coveredwith plastic film, which will deposit on asheet of laver, on either side of it, in thecentral part of the pad without thenori fill the entire surface, leaving a 3fingers and nori margin between theedge of the mat.
6. Third StepThird Step• Rice will spread evenly, a layer ofapproximately one centimetre thickon the nori, using hands. Will depositour sushi filling, cut into thin strips,centred on the bottom of the nori,slightly down. It should be like in thenext picture.
7. Third StepThird Step
8. Four StepFour Step• Take the bottom of the pad and wrapthe ingredients and rice with it. As wego rolling the mixture pressing gently sothat the formulation is more compact.Maybe during the filling process tendsto leave the ends of the mat, so it isconvenient to use the hands as stops.
9. Last StepLast Step• Once done, the sushi roll is ready andjust missing the cut, for which we use asharp knife and make steady cuts in asingle pass of the blade to preventundo the roll.