By: M & S Period 5 Computer Literacy The Amazing Antioxidants That Keep You Safe!!!
What Really Are Antioxidants???
- They are substances that reduce, neutralize and prevent damage done to the body by free radicals
- Dark orange and red leafy veggies and fruits are rich in antioxidants
Antioxidants are important to us because…
- They keep us healthy and let us try many new foods with antioxidants in them.
A Healthy Dinner Including antioxidants Vegetables are a good source of antioxidants. Many fruit juices have antioxidants in them. Chicken and fish are healthy foods that go good with antioxidants.
The Food Pyramid
- The food pyramid helps you to make smart choices from every food group, and lets us know which foods we need more of.
Grains Vegetables Fruits Oils Milk, Dairy Meats & Beans
- The person running on the pyramid helps you remember to exercise.
Healthy Snacks Nuts Fruits Veggies
Resources Remember to chose foods with different types of colors.
THANK YOU FOR WATCHING!!!