2. XTC Candy Beans Love Drug Skittles Vitamin X
3. While it only takes 25 to 50 cents to make ecstasy, it can be sold for as little as 10 dollars or as much as 40. Most commonly 20 to 30 dollars.
4. The desired effect of ecstasy is a strong feeling or euphoria, or a state of intense relaxation and pleasure. Some of the side effects include: Hallucinations Chills/sweating Tremors Decreased Appetite Sleep Deprivation
5. It is estimated that nearly 1.1 million Americans use ecstasy every year and as many as 14.2 million total Americans have used it. Records show that only 7 in every million users die from overdose, generally caused by drinking while ingesting the pill.
6. The drug originated in Germany from the pharmaceutical/chemical company, Merck. In 1912, the drug was created as an appetite suppressant but was never released to the public. It was occasionally used as a medicine to help treat mental disorders, however it failed to do so and was made illegal 1985.
7. Ecstasy is considered a Schedule I illicit drug with no accepted medical use. Possession of more than 5 grams can result in 5 to 40 years of prison time with a 4 million dollar fine. If the drug leads to anyone’s death, an additional 20 years can be added to a sentence and 8 million dollar fine.