JL 75% of mobile market is represented by Apple and Android74% of users will wait 5 seconds for the Web page to load46% unlikely to return if it doesn’t load properly½ of all searches are done on a mobile deviceMentioning a location in a mobile ad can increase click thru rates up to 200%
JLMobile web adoption is happening 8 times faster than web adoption from late 90’s.
JL29% of all Franchise web traffic is mobile – this is more than the normal average.
DEShow of hands who uses Foursquare – Mayors?Show of hands who knows who their Mayor is at their location?Instragram users?Instragram for your business? – more later
DEFirst three bulletsare building the foundation.Second three bullets leverage that foundation to build community and loyalty.
JLCan your customer make an appointment, find your location or subscribe to all your services?Promote local charities and how customers can participate
DERemember the Seinfeld episode of George stuffing his wallet with another coupon?75% of people prefer to receive offers over any other form of CTAJuniper study – mobile coupons have grown due to the # of channels of availability including the distributors own pages“With the jump in smartphone adoption, mobile coupons need to be included in multiple areas of a campaign and need to be targeted to individual consumers’ shopping habits.”
DEMoes: They have a check-in club that allows customers to connect their foursquare accounts to Moe’s loyalty program. Customers earn points through check-ins and can achieve “rock ‘n’ roll” status on Moe’s leaderboardlike Roadie, Rock Star and Rock God for checking-in. Per their blog: “Dozens of social platforms allow brands to reward guests for checking-in, but we worked with Brandmovers, Inc. to create a platform that aggregates check-ins, allows fans to compete nationwide and earn credit no matter which Moe’s they visit,” says Lauren Barash, director of marketing for Moe’s Southwest Grill. “The leaderboard and status levels make it fun for those who enjoy the gaming aspect of checking in, while those seeking recognition and rewards get what they want as well.”
DESearch instagram to see if others are posting pictures about your brand! Searchinstagram.comDon’t forget to use tools to monitor and manage. Instagram has analytics Ask your customers to follow and tag you by providing the hashtag! Ski resort in Vermont displays the “how to” in their resort and they have thousands of pictures tagged monthly.
1. HOW CONSUMERS USE MOBILE AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT Mark Sweetnam Fish Window Cleaning Services, Inc Manager, Branding & Technology Deb Evans, CFE Franchise Performance Group Sr Operations Consultant Jeremy LaDuque, CFE ElementsLocal Founder & CEO
2. SHARE WHAT’S HAPPENING IN VEGAS … Mark Sweetnam @FishWindowClean Jeremy LaDuque @ElementsLocal Deb Evans @DebCE Use Hash Tag #IFA2013
3. MOBILE MARKETING
4. MOBILE MARKETSource: The Growth ofMobile Marketing
5. ARE YOU MOBILE FRIENDLY?
6. CURRENT TRENDS
7. MOBILE LOCATION BASE STATS• 74% of smart phone users claimed having used a location- based service. This includes things like Google Maps. (May 2012 Pew Internet Study)• 18% of smart phone users claimed to have checked into a venue using a service like foursquare or share their location with friends. (May 2012 Pew Internet Study)• The leading location-based service, foursquare, has over 25 million users and 42% are active users. (Social Media Informer)• Photo sharing service, Instagram (now part of Facebook), has grown to 80 million users in just 18 months (C|Net)
8. WHAT’S IMPORTANT• Building Blocks – Mobile Friendly Websites – Mobile Search Strategy – Mobile Email Strategy – Mobile Advertising, Banners• Loyalty & Community Building – Mobile Promos and Coupons – Mobile Apps
9. BUILDING THE FOUNDATION• What will your strategy be for 2013… • Mobile website… Per Zee? • Search and ranking? • Advertising? • Loyalty? • Community?
10. MOBILE SEARCH STRATEGY• Create A Content Strategy• Create An Email Strategy• Create A Search Strategy
11. MOBILE FRIENDLY WEBSITETurn visitors into customers with a mobile friendly Website
12. CREATE A CONTENT STRATEGY• Think about where your audience will be• Choose the platforms you want to support• Think about content and engagement• Building content for mobile: Compress images, no small buttons, minimize options• Calls To Action for mobile: Reply Option, an address, phone number and website address
13. MOBILE SEARCH 40% OF ALL MOBILE SEARCHES ON GOOGLE HAVE LOCAL INTENT.* • Mobile Optimized Sites • Location specific keywords • Googlebot-Mobile • Google/Bing allocate top of search results pages to local listings, when a search has local intent.Source: Google
14. MOBILE ADVERTISING MOBILE AD SPENDING HIT $4B, 180% UP FROM 2011 • Still only 2.4% of overall ad spending in US, but expected to rise to 11% in 2016 • Who to look at: • Google – dominates mobile w/ 90%+ • iAds – reaches millions of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users around the world • Facebook - Ad‟s on 3rd party apps? • Twitter – 3.5%Source: www.eMarketer.com
15. ADVERTISING & BANNERS
16. EMAIL MARKETING STRATEGY37% OF PEOPLE CHECK EMAIL ON THEIR MOBILEDEVICES• Mobile optimized landing pages (websites) are essential• Promotions driving to a location are key• Clear “Call Now” buttons within Email
17. GROW YOUR COMMUNITY• Value add and ease of use – Promos and coupons – Apps – Foursquare – Instagram – Pinterest – QR codes
18. PROMOS AND COUPONS
19. MOBILE APP
20. MOBILE ORDERING/PAYMENT
21. FOURSQUARE•Check-in Club•Connect to Foursquare•Earn points for Check-ins
22. INSTAGRAM• Search for your brand!• Establish an account.
23. QR CODE USES• Advertising• Mobile Ordering• Making Reservations• Videos• Vcard (business cards)• Conferences• Surveys
24. EDIBLE QR CODES?
25. STORE HOURS/RESERVATIONS
27. WHAT’S NEXT• Mobile Payment• Mobile Wallet• Mobile Reviews & References• Ad networks integrating cross channel for consumers who are „multi- screening‟ or „screen hop‟• Passive advertising will become interactive
28. MOBILE CONTENT RESOURCES• White paper “Mobile Content 101” via iFlyMobi• Mobile Movement Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D2ThRaJIxo• The Third Screen: Marketing To Customers in a World Gone Mobile, Author Chuck Martin• Location-Based Marketing for Dummies, Aaron Strout and Mike Schneider
29. THANK YOU! QUESTIONS? Mark Sweetnam @FishWindowClean Jeremy LaDuque @ElementsLocal Deb Evans @DebCE