In younger women
• Progestogen therapy.
Medroxyprogesterone acetate (30-40 mg daily)
X 6-12 months.
Norethisterone 10 mg daily.
In elderly women
- Total hysterectomy with removal of tubes and
-Transcervical resection- CONTRAINDICATED.
- Cancer confined to Corpus Uteri.
- IA- Tumour limited to endometrium.
- IB- Half or less than half myometrial thickness
- IC- More than half myometrial thickness
Pelvic and para-aortic lymph node sampling.
- Peritoneal washings: subdiaphragmatic area,
paracolic gutters and pelvis, for cytology.
- Open uterus and assess for tumor size,
myometrial invasion and cervical extension.
Frozen section preferred.
Stage IB and IC
- Post operative pelvic radiotherapy.
- 4000-5000 cGy over 5-6 weeks.
- Vaginal vault radiotherapy.
- Tumour involves cervix but does not extend
- Brachytherapy followed 1 to 6 weeks later by
Surgery and External Radiotherapy.
- Alternately, Wertheim’s hysterectomy.