2. Anyone who has suffered from gout will have a huge interest in how to prevent gout . It only takes one occurrence of this painful form of arthritis for someone to appreciate how good they normally feel.
3. The pain and swelling can last as long as 10 days. However, don’t think that gout is just something you have to live with. To prevent gout you are going to have to be realistic about your lifestyle.
4. Do you get enough daily intake of fluids? It is amazing how many people are slightly dehydrated and don’t know it.
5. What do you drink? You should be consuming at least 8 glasses of water per day.
6. Other fluids that can help to prevent gout include coffee, cherry juice, and low fat or skim milk. Studies show that low fat dairy products can decrease the levels of uric acid in the body.
7. Fresh juices from fruits and vegetables are also a great method of giving your body what it needs. Green tea is full of antioxidants so drinking it can help to flush the uric acid out.
8. You want to avoid carbonated sodas due to the amount of fructose in them. You also want to avoid beer as well as other forms of alcohol.
9. They can cause uric acid to be retained in the body, which will increase uric acid levels.
10. Are you at a healthy body weight? If not you need to make efforts to change it. When your body is at a healthy weight it will reduce the problems you have with gout.
11. If you don’t exercise daily you need to make a plan to do so. Lose weight slowly and with a balance of food and exercise.
12. Losing weight too rapidly can increase gout. Never use diuretics either as they can also trigger gout. Healthy eating is the best way to prevent gout.
13. Do you consume lots of red meat? By eating chicken you will get lots of protein but they are virtually fat free.
14. Any fish you eat needs to be low in fat too. Avoid shellfish and other seafood because they can cause your body to create large amounts of uric acid very quickly.
15. If you wake up and feel that you may have an acute gout attack coming on, you should at least try to prevent it from getting worse. Some fresh fruits including strawberries and cherries work very well.
16. This method can help you to nip the problem in the bud. You may have a bit of discomfort but it will be nothing compared to a full blown gout attack.
17. Be careful when it comes to over the counter products you use for various health issues too. People often think that because it is on the shelf at the store it is safe for them.
18. However, there is evidence to show that the use of various products including those with aspirin in them can cause more uric acid in the body.
19. It can take a combination of such efforts for you to prevent gout. However, by losing weight and eating more healthily you will look and feel better than you did before.
20. If you allow the gout problems to continue your physical and mental well being are going to suffer. For most people gout problems get more frequent and more severe as time goes on.
21. For more details and information to get rid of gout forever,