Started working in PPC in 2006 Joined SEER Interactive in 2007 Started in 2002 as SEO Agency SEO, PPC & Analytics focused Adwords & adCenter Qualified Company Spearhead 12 person PPCTeam All Adwords & adCenter Qualified Follow me @Crystala Email me Crystala@seerinteractive.com
Internet advertising model on search enginesand content networks where advertisers onlypay when a user CLICKS on an ad. PPC = Pay per Click CPC = Cost per Click
Settings Targeting Options – Campaign Level only Country, State, City, Zip Code, Custom
Account Structure: Using 1 Campaign & 1 AdGroup
Keywords: Only using Broad Match [Free trial] – query much match exactly “Free trial” – query must contain phrase +FreeTrial – query must contain free +Free +Trial – query must contain both free & trial; anyorder FreeTrial – query can be relevant, or similar
Keywords: Not using Negatives Keyword Negatives for Search Campaigns Negative MatchTypes▪ Broad, Phrase, Exact▪ Free trial – excludes terms with both terms▪ “free trial” – excludes terms with phrase “free trial”▪ [free trial] – excludes terms that match [free trial] exactly
1. Start with the end in mind What is your business objective? What ACTION do you want people to take? The end goal is NOT to drive traffic
2. Know what success looks like What is the maximum you are willing to pay perlead? Does quality or quantity matter most?
3. Know your Business Target Audience▪ Are they only in the US? Only in Maryland? Only inBaltimore?▪ Are they women? Men? Seasonality▪ Do sales peak in Summer? During the Holiday? Focus▪ Is there a particular product or serviceyou want to focus on?
4. Do the Research Don’t just guess!▪ Adwords KeywordTool▪ ContextualTargetingTool▪ AdwordsTraffic Estimator▪ Analytics
5. Communicate the right message Drive users to take the action you want Emphasize benefits, UVPs, offers, credibility, etc. Call to Action