2. The Role of Social Media in Lead Generation Ellie Mirman | Hubspot
3. THE ROLE OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN LEAD GENERATION Ellie Mirman Inbound Marketer & Customer Researcher, HubSpot Twitter: @ellieeille
7. Social media is just one piece of the puzzle.
8. Social media is not magic. Joining Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn will not revolutionize your company or your marketing.
9. <ul><li>You still need to: </li></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Identify your audience </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Get them to notice you </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Create value for them </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Sell something to them </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Keep them happy </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><li>None of this has changed. </li></ul>
10. Social media is one tool , used best as part of a balanced inbound marketing strategy .
11. 79% more followers for companies that combine a blog with social media
12. 97% more links (for better rankings) for companies that combine SEO with social media
13. Social media generates business results
14. 46% businesses say they acquired a customer from blogs or social media
15. Both B2B & B2C companies say they acquired a customer from blogs or social media
16. <ul><ul><li>The Role of Social Media </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>in Lead Generation Funnel </li></ul></ul>
17. TOFU (Top of the Funnel) MOFU (Middle of the Funnel) Website Visitors Sales Leads
18. TOFU Fill the top of the funnel
19. Get Ideas for Content
20. Create content your personas want
21. Find Prospects
22. Expand Reach of Content
24. Encourage Sharing
26. MOFU Convert in the middle of the funnel
27. Capture Leads
29. Identify Hot Leads
30. Get Lead Intel
32. Analyze Measure the funnel
33. Visitors Leads Sales SEO Social Media Analyze conversion rates by channel
34. Compare social media channels
35. Measure total reach
36. A few tips To leave you with
37. Know your goal.
38. Think like a publisher.
40. Learn, rinse, repeat.
42. Case Studies
43. Case Study: Palomar Technologies
44. Case Study: Indium Corporation Developer, manufacturer, supplier of specialty alloys, solders, & thermal interface materials Dozens of blogs & bloggers
45. Case Study: Vovici <ul><li>SEO </li></ul><ul><li>Blog </li></ul><ul><li>Social Media </li></ul>
46. The Results 400+% increase in qualified traffic 1,000+% increase in blog subscribers “ We find Twitter has been a great driver of traffic to the blog, and also another great driver of awareness for us.”