So in general I think we know how that the way to build relationship with someone is to taking an interest, spend time with him or her and be real with him or her. But how does that work with Jesus. It ’ s an area that always puzzled me, and I know from recent conversations it ’ s an area that puzzles many people, particularly new Christians. So what does it mean for you to have a relationship with Jesus, how do you know, it a relationship with Jesus and not just yourself? I know I have a relationship with Jesus but just find it very hard to put into words. So I did the typical project manager thing and delegated it. I have asked a couple of people to come up and explain how they know they have a relationship with Jesus and how that works out in their daily life. Interviews So there are some examples of the way people describe their relationship with Jesus. Just like Jesus himself spent time with his Father God and felt able to be real with him, we too must seek to do the same. But the truth is it takes time and the ability to feel real to build a relationship be Jesus. But only if we want to learn from our leader.
1. Matthew 20:20-28 20 Then the mother of Zebedee’s sons came to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him. 21 “What is it you want?” he asked. She said, “Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom.” 22 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said to them. “Can you drink the cup I am going to drink? “We can,” they answered. 23 Jesus said to them, “You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father.” 24 When the ten heard about this, they were indignant with the two brothers. 25 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
2. Animal Vegetable Mineral? It ’ s grey. It eats nuts. It lives in trees. It has a long bushy tail. It jumps from branch to branch. It chatters and flips its tail when it's excited
3. Animal Vegetable Mineral? It ’ s grey. It eats nuts. It lives in trees. It has a long bushy tail. It jumps from branch to branch. It chatters and flips its tail when it's excited
4. Romans 12:6-8 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
5. Relationships = Time Jesus Spent Time With His Father LUKE 5:16 But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. Mark 14:35-35 Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. “ Abba, Father, ” he said, “ everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will. ”
6. What's With All The Relationship Stuff?
7. Question Time - Study What are his expectations? Does he has a plan? What motives him?
8. Questions For God- Study What are Jesus ’ s expectations? Does Jesus have a plan? What are Jesus motives? What about suffering? What about my question?
9. Emulate Matthew 20:26-27 26 ...whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave.