2. Luke 21:25-30 (NIV) 25 "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." 29 He told them this parable "Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30 When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near.
3. Luke 21:31-36 (NIV) 31 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near. 32 "I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. 34 "Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. 35 For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."
4. Apocalypse The Clip played in the sermon is available at tinyurl.com/cogs2012
6. Mark 13:32-33 (NIV) “ No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.”
7. Luke 17:20-21 … . “The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you.” (NIV) “ the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.” (ESV)
8. Matthew 21:33-46 … “ Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruits .” It’s A Warning To All of Us
9. It’s Not Rocket Science 1. Jesus came to begin the Kingdom of God 2. Jesus will complete the Kingdom of God 3. We spread the Kingdom of God now
10. They Are Watching How Do We React? Do We Have Integrity? Do We Gossip? How Do We Treat Others? Are We Serious? Do We Cut People Down?
11. Challenge 1 It’s Time For Change Tell Someone
12. Spread The Kingdom Of God Matthew 28:19 (NIV)
13. Challenge 2 Start With Just 10 Names They All Need Jesus
14. Change Something & Ask 10 Christmas 20 th Dec 6.30pm - Carols by Candlelight Service 21 st Dec 7pm - Faith & Football Carols at Fratton Park 24 th Dec 4pm - Family Fun Christmas Service 24 th Dec 11pm - Midnight Communion 25 th Dec 10am - Christmas Day Service