1. Cant Wait To Get To Work Luke 22:54-62 54 Then seizing him, they led him away and took him into the house of the high priest. Peter followed at a distance. 55 But when they had kindled a fire in the middle of the courtyard and had sat down together, Peter sat down with them. 56 A servant girl saw him seated there in the firelight. She looked closely at him and said, This man was with him. 57 But he denied it. Woman, I don’t know him, he said. 58 A little later someone else saw him and said, You also are one of them. Man, I am not! Peter replied. 59 About an hour later another asserted, Certainly this fellow was with him, for he is a Galilean. 60 Peter replied, Man, I don’t know what you’re talking about! Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed. 61 The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times. 62 And he went outside and wept bitterly.
2. Deny With Words “ What did You do over the weekend? ” “ Don ’ t you go to Church? ”
3. Deny With Silence 1 Peter 3:14–16 “ Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened.” 15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. Deny With Words
4. Deny With Action Ephesians 6:5-9 5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free. 9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him. Deny With Words Deny With Silence
6. The Big Idea It ’ s Not About Being a Christian At Work It ’ s About Being A Disciple Always
7. Jesus Said: “ Do you love me? ” Transformation: Repentance
8. Encounter: Forgiveness Mark 11: 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
9. Transformation: Commitment I am no longer my own but yours. Put me to what you will.
10. Commitment I am no longer my own but yours. Put me to what you will, rank me with whom you will; put me to doing, put me to suffering; let me be employed for you, or laid aside for you, exalted for you, or brought low for you; let me be full, let me be empty, let me have all things, let me have nothing: I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things to your pleasure and disposal. And now, glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, you are mine and I am yours.