Library Automation Software, “Softgranth” is
Marketed and Promoted under the joint
Leadership of CRESENT NETWORK Pvt. Ltd
and Multifacet Softwares Systems.
Softgranth is Developed at IIT Kanpur by
Multifacet Softwares System (P) Limited
(MSSPL), a software company at SIIC (SIDBI
Innovation and Incubation center), IIT Kanpur.
IIT Kanpur and MSSPL are having joint
Intellectual Property Right (IPR) on Library
1. Fully Web based application Developed in latest
(Microsoft .NET) technology
1. Easy to use and accessible from anywhere in the world
over the internet (24X7)
1. Caters to ever expanding needs of library automation
2. All modules of the software are fully integrated which saves from re-
entering of data.
3. Link for auto cataloguing
4. Incorporates arrivals of serial issues with varied type of schedule to
manage claims for missing issues.
5. Facilitates Partial cancellation, arrival and payments.
6. Order letters/most of the reports can be saved/printed/e-mailed
7. Auto email service to borrower for different activities like
reservation, cancellation, issue-receipt-reissue, over due alert etc.
8. Upgradeable to RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification)
11. User specific menu
12. User specific rights up to form & control level
13. Customizable circulation policy for members (patrons) up to
category and item type.
14. Multimedia (Video Clips, Scanned Images, Sound, Slide Show)
can be attached to catalogue records with multiple URL
15. Provision to enter special characters
16. Auto-suggestion on call number, based on earlier catalogued Items
17. Provides Transaction Analysis (complete audit trail)
18. e-Resources (CD Rom, e-Book, e-Thesis, e-Project Reports, e-
Articles-Circular/Notice, e-Journal, e-File, e-Manual, e-Document)
19. Real time Web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
20. Cart facility in OPAC for saving/printing/emailing selected catalogue
records for future reference
21. Integrated CAS (Current Awareness Services) and SDI (Selected
Dissemination of Information) (Email, save, Print)
22. Auto e-mailing wherever necessary
23. Auto copy tracking system
24. Graphical presentation of statistical data
25. Provision for Back Log entry / Retro Conversion
26. Single window for issue / return / reissue.
27. Combination keys (Alt +)for calling relevant menu items from forms
28. Online Reservation / Reissue
29. Online current awareness services
30. Online book request for procurement
31. OPAC search should have option for selection of phrase, all of these
words, any of these words and wild card also
32. Option to use MS-SQL/Oracle as RDBMS
33. UNICODE Compatible
34. GUI enabled
35. Completely browser based(Works on internet/intranet)
36. Scalable to any number of members/users and library items
38. Import / Export based on MARC21
39. Catalogue data editing in Marc format also
40. Completely Barcode enabled with inbuilt bar code generator
41. Catalogue card printing based on AACR2 (Anglo American Cataloging
Rule 2) Scheme
42. Auto generated late item reminder
43. Periodic member account clearance
44. Backup/Restore module wise for selected tables &
32. Complies ISO standards
33. FAQ / Help for easy understanding
47. Supports TCP/IP for communication and networking
48. Option to select menu types (Tree/Popup/Both).
49. Combined form for Issue/Return/Re-issue with built-in intelligence.
50. Ever-growing list of features and benefits.
51. Upgradeable to Union catalogue.
52. Z39.50 Client/Server technology
53. Can be applied to wide range of libraries of Schools, Colleges,
Institutes, Research Organizations, Corporate Houses, and
Resource Centers etc.
Login Screen for User (s)
Login Screensoftware (s)
Menu of for User
Master Management Menu
Other Library Services
Our Valuable Clients
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IITK)
International Institute of Saddlery Technology and Export
Management, Kanpur (IISTEM)
National Sugar Institute, Kanpur (NSI)
Ambedkar Institute of Technology for Handicapped
L.N. Mittal Institute of Information Technology
Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information
Technology Design & Manufacturing
B. R. Ambedkar Agricultural and Engineering College
Dayanand Girls College, Kanpur
Dayanand Women’s Training College, Kanpur
Juhari Devi Girl’s Post Graduate College, Kanpur
Indian Council for Philosophical Research, New Delhi (ICPR)
State Forest Research Institute , Jabalpur
10, Mandir Marg, Mahanagar Ext.,
Lucknow - 226006
Uttar Pradesh, India
www.cresentnetwork.com Email: email@example.com Tel: +91 522 6524989