View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
BY NOEMI ALMENA CONTRA AND
CLARA HERNANDEZ PEREZ
A stimulus is anything you see, hear,touch, smell or taste.
A response is the body´s answer to a stimulus
There are two types:
• THE SENSES
.The eye is the organ of sight .It is made up of
eyeball and protected by the eyebrows,eyelids
The nose is the organ of smell. The
receptors of smell are in the pituitary
gland,inside he nostrils.
• The ear is the organ of hearing. It has three parts :
• The outer ear includes the ear and ear canal
• The middle ear includes the eardrum and the small bones
• The inner ear includes the cochlea and the auditory nerve
The skin is the organ of touch. It is made up of
.The tongue is the organ of taste.
The receptors of taste are in the taste buds.
THE NERVOUS SYSTEM
• The nervous system is made up of nerve
centres and nerves.
• The central nervous system:
Specialised cells called neurons
They are made up of a cell body , dendrites and
VOLUNTARY AND INVOLUNTARY
• The brain produces a response in the case of
The spinal cord produces a response in the case
of involuntary movements .
.Sensory nerves .
.The spinal cord.
• The skeleton is made up of all the bones in the
• Head bones
• Trunk bones
• Limb bones
Bones are connected by resistant fibres called
There are three types:
• The musculature is the set of muscles in the body:
• Head muscles.
• Trunk muscles.
• Limb muscles.
Tendons are made of flexible and fibrous tissue. They
connect muscles to bones .