2. • Stimulus and response.• The senses.• What is the nervous system ?• Voluntary and involuntary movements.• The skeletal and muscular system.
3. STIMULI.A stimulus is anything you see, hear, touch,smell or taste;Stimuli can be: • Internal stimuli. • External stimuli.The body has different receptors : • Internal receptors. • External receptors. RESPONSES. A response is the body´s answer tu a sitimulus. There are two types of responses: • Muscular responses. • Glandular responses.
4. THE SIGHT. The eye is the organ of sight. It is made up of the eyeball and protected by the eyebrows, eyelids and eyelashes. Light passes The information in through the lens the retina travels which focuses the to the brain image on the through the optic retina. nerve. Light passes through the pupil, the opening of the iris. Light goes through the cornea
5. THE SMELL. The nose is the organ of smell. The receptors of smell are in the pituitary gland, inside the nostrils.Pituitary
6. HEARING. The ear is the organ of hearing, it has three parts: • The outer ear includes the ear and ear canal. • The middle ear includes the erdrum and the samall bones. • The inner ear includes the cochlea and the auditory nerve. The inner ear changes vibrations into nerve impulses that go to the brain. The middle ear changes sounds The outter ear into vibrations. receives sounds.
7. THE TOUCH. THE TASTEThe skin is the organ of The tongue is the organ oftouch. It is made up of taste. The receptors ofthree layers. taste are in the taste - Epidermis. buds. - Dermis. - Hypodermis. Taste buds.
8. THE NERVOUS SYSTEM. The nervous system is made up of : • The central nervous system. - Brain, cerebrum, cerebellum and brain system. - Spinal cord. • The peripheral nervous system: - Sensory nerves. - Motor nerves. NEURONS.They are made up of a cell body, dendrites and axons.
9. Our bodies react to stimuli making voluntary or involuntary movements. VOLUNTARY MOVEMENTS. INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENTS. The spinal cord produces a response in the case.
11. THE MUSCULATURE.The musculature is the set of musclesin the body. • Head muscles. • Trunk muscles. • Limb muscles. TENDONS.Tendons are made of flexible and fibroustissue. They conect muscles to bones.