6. 1) Increase the number of visitors to your site2) Improve the likelihood of them becoming a customer
7. Visitors turn into customers for a reason:◦ They like your proposition◦ You give them information they like and are looking for◦ Price◦ They know what to do from here◦ You are awesomeGiving visitors what they came for increases thechance of conversion
8. Design isn’t a nicety, it’s a requirementStandards matter◦ Placement of basket◦ Delivery information◦ Address & contact details“Don’t make me think” by Steve Krug
9. Clear signposts give the user a journey to follow.◦ Consider placement of contact us information◦ What action do you want them to perform?Obvious is underrated◦ Get them through the funnelDesign should be for a user, not a portfolio
10. Fully describe your product or service◦ Communicate your knowledge◦ Imagine if you were face to faceContent is not just words◦ Are you able to produce videos? Audio?
11. You are your greatest asset◦ Write for users, not search engines◦ Factual information is not boring if it’s relevantDon’t give people a reason to look elsewhere tocomplete the information
12. Would you give your details to this website?Trust indicators◦ Testimonials◦ 3rd party secure logosHousekeeping shouldn’t always wait until another day◦ News updates
13. What are you visitors searching for?◦ Consider if you’re using industry terminologyAre all your visitors the same, does your website caterfor their needs?Learning Google Analytics is possible!
14. Change can be incrementalDoing good things is always worthwhileLeverage what you have availableBe critical, be honestLook at underlying data