1. “Career Development from the Bottom up” • Overview of where career development fits with talent management and performance management • A new way to support employees to take ownership and responsibility for their career development
2. E m p lo y e e sr e s p o n s ib le f o rC a r e e r d e v e lo p m e n tM e n t o r in gS o c ia l le a r n in gL a te ra l mo ve sE m p lo y e e e n g a g e m e n tNewp s y c h o lo g ic a l  c o n t r ac t
3. Control via carrot and stick Vs alignment between the purpose and goals of the organisation and the needs of the employeeKnowledge workers who are intrinsically motivated by their work, feel a sense of shared purpose with the mission of the organisation, havesome autonomy over their activity and are continually developing and achieving mastery in their role will be high performers and an organisation with these people will succeed.
4. What has changed is that now securitycomes from being employable rather than being employed.
5. a&dc career engagement model Career engagement • collaborative and aligned with both the individual’s and organisation’s goals. • It is about what an individual can do for the organisation, whilst also developing themselves and their career opportunities. • The impact of career engagement is that these employees will be happier and more fulfilled, which will lead them to be more productive and proactive.
6. Bersin Talent Management:Which of these is top down?
7. Attracting, retaining and engaging your employees
8. Online career development that worksResurrected for annual reviews A year round live processLast minute form filling Informed development plansPoor quality career conversations Good quality career conversationsFocus on training courses On-the-job development and trainingTop down push to employees Bottom up responsibility enabled
9. Employees can take control and manage their own development in collaboration with their managers.Career assessment Activity feed Development plan
10. Click here to play the animationor sign up for free at www.careergro.com Online career development that works