Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
0

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

Breaking the Status Quo Barrier

1,147

Published on

Statistics show that the most dangerous competitor you face is the status quo — it’s your prospects deciding to do nothing. If you want to grow your business, you’ll need to challenge your customers …

Statistics show that the most dangerous competitor you face is the status quo — it’s your prospects deciding to do nothing. If you want to grow your business, you’ll need to challenge your customers to do something different and turn more opportunities from "no decision" into decisions that favor you. The best way to do this is to establish the buying vision in the first place.

Published in: Business, Technology
0 Comments
3 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
1,147
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
42
Comments
0
Likes
3
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Breaking the Status Quo Barrier Your ability to sell more depends on convincing your prospects to do something different© 2011 Corporate Visions, Inc. All rights reserved. Corporate Visions, Power Messaging, Power Positioning and Be Different. Where It Counts. Your Message. are registered trademarks or trademarks of Corporate Visions, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
  • 2. Risk/Loss AversionY Y Incumbent Advantage Status Attention Scarcity QuoYou Barrier YES Change Burden 60% No decision ?Ignored Invaluable
  • 3. Malcolm Gladwell – Tipping Point
  • 4. Scientist for Tipping Point Morton M. Grodzins
  • 5. What made the difference?
  • 6. 65 % 35 % Buying Vision Bake-Off -3 -2 -1 +1 +2 +3Status Quo Identify Define Identify Review MakeThreatened New Needs Solution Viable Vendors Approaches Decision “Why Change?” “Why Us” • Challenge assumptions • Our promise of what you get • Do Something different/now • How we do it • Align w/ Strengths your • Why we are the best option SELL A DISTINCT SELL YOUR POINT OF VIEW VALUE PROPOSITION
  • 7. Create a Buying VisionY Status DISTINCT POINT OF VIEW Quo Barrier Y
  • 8. Risk/Loss Aversion Incumbent Advantage StatusAttention Scarcity Quo Barrier Change Burden
  • 9. Risk/Loss Aversion Incumbent Advantage StatusAttention Scarcity Quo Barrier Change Burden
  • 10. 3 Years 900,002 Months blog entries posted every day1 Week 300,0001 Billion Tweets hours of video posted every day1 Week
  • 11. • Don’t play 20 questions• You got 30 seconds totell me something I don’talready know• You see more people wholook like me than I do• So act like it!
  • 12. Don’t Call the Baby Ugly
  • 13. Get Attention with Insights
  • 14. Risk/Loss Aversion Incumbent Advantage StatusAttention Scarcity Quo Barrier Change Burden
  • 15. Which would you choose? A guaranteed gain of $75,000 An 80% chance of gaining $100,000 with a 20% chance of getting nothing
  • 16. Which would you choose? A certain loss of $75,000 An 80% chance of losing $100,000 with a 20% chance of not losing anything
  • 17. Are you messaging for a decision? New Brain Designed for Analysis Old Brain Designed for Survival Decision-Making Engine
  • 18. Risk/Loss Aversion Incumbent Advantage StatusAttention Scarcity Quo Barrier Change Burden
  • 19. Haven’t gottime for the pain…
  • 20. The pains I’m living with…Are bigger than the pain of change…
  • 21. Risk/Loss Aversion Incumbent Advantage StatusAttention Scarcity Quo Barrier Change Burden
  • 22. Find your Contrast
  • 23. Your Distinct Point of View Starts Here Customer Status Quo Define your target “status quos” Outcome Outcome Outcome at risk at risk at risk Identify executive outcomes at-risk Threats Threats Threats Reveal threats, problems and missedProblems Problems Problems opportunities for each outcome that need to Misses Misses Misses be solved to reach desired outcome New Needs New Needs New Needs Re-define the needs and point to a solution that aligns those needs to your unique or advantaged strengthsSolution Solution Solution Describe the business impact, includingNew End New End New End customer stories with contrast before and State State State after the solution
  • 24. Target Customer Status Quo Profile• What are they doing today?• Why do they consider it safe?• Where are the gaps that will make it unsafe?
  • 25. Objective/ Objective/Outcome #1 Outcome #2 Target Customer Status Quo Profile Objective/ • Desired outcome description Outcome #3 • Compelling industry fact(s) • Challenge framing questions
  • 26. Challenge 3Challenge 2 Objective/ Objective/ Outcome #1 Outcome #2 Target Customer Status Quo Profile Objective/ Outcome #3 • Pain/impact/risk description Challenge 1 Challenge 3 • Urgent industry validation Challenge 2 • Solution explore questions
  • 27. Challenge 3 Challenge 2Solution Story Objective/ Objective/ Outcome #1 Outcome #2 Target Customer Status Quo Profile Objective/ Outcome #3 • Your strengths that solve Challenge 1 Challenge 3 • What customer does better Challenge 2 • What this means Solution Solution (value) Story Story • Story with Solution contrast proof Story
  • 28. Conversation Roadmap Customer Customer CustomerOutcome/Objective #1 Outcome/Objective #2 Outcome/Objective #3 Three Challenge-Solution Stories for each Outcome/Objective
  • 29. Who are you going to be?
  • 30. What the best are doing different

×