2. FREE – Live music downloads 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 11. 12. 13. 14. Masthead Kicker Cover Line Secondary Lead Plug Graphic Feature Selling Line Banner Doesn’t Have one Feature Article Photo Anchorage Flash Menu Strip Bar Code Date Line 10. Headline Web-links? 15.
3. <ul><li>The colours that have been used in ‘Kerrang’ is black which is bold and stands out, white which contrasts with black and the last colour is yellow which they have taken from the photo shoot of Hayley as she is wearing a yellow top. They have made the title look as if it has been smashed and is relevant as it is the biggest rock music magazine in the UK. </li></ul><ul><li>The masthead is the largest font on the page and stands out the most, every piece of writing on the page is in capitals. ‘Paramore’ which is the band that is featured is the second largest on the cover this is the headline. </li></ul><ul><li>In the picture she is looking unhappy and matches the anchorage: ‘I have nothing left to prove’. They have made her look insecure which contrasts with what it says on her shirt ‘security’. </li></ul>
5. <ul><li>Colours </li></ul><ul><li>Fonts </li></ul><ul><li>Photographic Manipulation </li></ul><ul><li>Organising the elements </li></ul><ul><li>Consistency </li></ul>
6. Direct mode of address can appear ‘ in yer face’ , serious, warm… Indirect mode of address can be mysterious, lively, sombre… Creates a wacky, fun image, sharing an identity with the reader that offers the ‘independence’ of indie music. Enigma – what are they getting up to now?
7. <ul><li>Reader relationship (mode of address) </li></ul><ul><li>Attitude </li></ul><ul><li>Language (words and phrases) </li></ul><ul><li>Enigmas </li></ul><ul><li>The image Is looking straight at the audience which is direct mode of conduct. Direct mode of conduct invites the audience in and makes them feel involved with the magazine. The writing on the cover is slang like ‘on yer bike’ and ‘mega comp’ they are addressing a younger audience for people in their teens. The words are short but are in your face as the words are in capital letters. Also because the main article is Hayley answering YOUR questions it makes the reader feel as she is addressing you and it feels like your being involved in her interview. </li></ul>
12. Crash Northern Soul Amp Glitz and Glam Unplugged Faction Xisco REM 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Conventions Design Audience Magazines (move these around)