Be the first to like this
Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/cballou or checkout my startup at http://www.pop.co.
In this presentation we will cover the best features and additions in PHP 5.5. You can look forward to the following:
* Support for generators has been added via the yield keyword
* Usage of the new finally keyword in try-catch blocks
* An overview and examples of the new password hashing API
* The foreach control structure now supports unpacking nested arrays into separate variables via the list() construct
* empty() supports arbitrary expressions such as closures returning false
* array and string literal dereferencing
* The Zend Optimiser+ opcode cache (via the new OPcache extension)
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.