Apptus Conversion Case - Conversion Jam 3

2,366 views
2,275 views

Published on

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
2,366
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1,919
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
6
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Apptus Conversion Case - Conversion Jam 3

  1. 1. Tracking  panel  conversion  with  behavioral  data   Conversion  Jam,  Stockholm,  10th  of  September  2013  
  2. 2. The  source  of  the  learnings  we  share  with  you  in  this  session  
  3. 3. Behavioral panels with sensors for: -  Displays -  Clicks -  Add-to-carts -  Purchases
  4. 4. Tracking behavioral data on panel level
  5. 5. AggregaBon  of  behavioural  data  on  panel  level  –  rules  of  the  game   Displays:    6   Clicks:        1   Add2Carts:  0   Purchases:  0   Displays:    7   Clicks:        1   Add2Carts:  0   Purchases:  0   Displays:    7   Clicks:        2   Add2Carts:  3   Purchases:  0   Displays:    7   Clicks:        1   Add2Carts:  2   Purchases:  0   Displays:    1   Clicks:        0   Add2Carts:  0   Purchases:  2   Ʃ   28    5    5    2  
  6. 6. Search We originate the sales into following 4 panel types NavigationsRecommendations Campaings /search-page/search-hits-with-count/search-hits   /song-search-page/search-hits-with-count/search-hits   /actor-search-page/search-hits-with-count/search-hits   /category-page/kampanjer   /campaigns-page/campaigns   /category-page/product-list   /category-page/top-lists/toppsaljare   /category-page/top-lists/kommande   /product-page2/product-bottom-zone/left-column-in-depth/recommend-based-on-product   /product-page2/left-column/recommend-based-on-product   /product-page2/left-column/those-who-viewed-also-viewed   /product-page2/product-bottom-zone/other-products-by-the-artist-with-hit-count/search-hits   /product-page2/product-bottom-zone/left-column-in-depth/those-who-viewed-also-viewed   /product-page2/left-column/those-who-bought-also-bought   /product-page2/product-bottom-zone/left-column-in-depth/those-who-bought-also-bought   /product-page2/left-column/those-who-viewed-bought   /product-page2/product-bottom-zone/left-column-in-depth/those-who-viewed-bought   /product-page2/product-bottom-zone/other-products-by-the-artist-with-hit-count/search-hit-count  
  7. 7. $$$ Add to cart Clicks Sales funnel accumlutated for a total of all panels Displays Clicks / Displays = Interest rate: 7,3‰ Add2Carts / Clicks = Want rate: 528‰ Purchases / Add2carts = Buy rate: 94‰ ~50% of people want the things they click on!
  8. 8. $$$ Add to cart Clicks Originating the interest ratio (Clicks/Displays) Displays Search: 81‰ Navigations: 19‰ Recommend: 8,6‰ Campaigns: 6,3‰ x4higher probability of getting a click out of Search
  9. 9. $$$ Add to cart Clicks Originating the want ratio (Add-to-cart/Clicks) Displays Search: 476‰ Cat Nav: 357‰ Recommend: 618‰ Campaigns: 696‰ Campaigns convert twice as good as Navigations
  10. 10. $$$ Add to cart Clicks Originating the buy ratio (Purchases/Add-to-cart) Displays Search: 103‰ Cat Nav: 125‰ Recom: 96‰ Campaigns: 108‰ Only 1 of 10 user journeys leading to an add2cart entail a purchase!
  11. 11. $$$ Add to cart Clicks Retail Space Efficiency (Purchases/Displays) Displays Search: 40‰ Cat Nav: 8‰ Recom: 5‰ Campaigns: 5‰ Are search panels 5-8 times more space efficient?
  12. 12. The long tail sources ~60% of all sales 10-800% higher margins vs top sellers
  13. 13. Top sellers: top 10% of the assortment with the highest frequency of sales Long tail: the remaining 90% The tale of the long tail 0 5000 10000 15000 20000 25000 30000 35000 40000 top-seller-sales long-tail-sales
  14. 14. The 5 dont’s of relevance
  15. 15. Pitfall #1: Functions of disfunction
  16. 16. User searches for a baseball helmet. The query is miss-spelled. Irrelevant Suggestion Irrelvant categories Irrelevant filters Irrelevant results Area used to show irrelavant information. The buttons are there. But they are useless.
  17. 17. Pitfall #2: The nagging…
  18. 18. The recommendation engine falls into ”repeating loops” No attention paid to diversification Does your right hand know what the left hand is doing?
  19. 19. Pitfall #3: Dissonance
  20. 20. Disconnected Search and Navigation: A search for ”Udendørslegetøj” returns 4 hits. A click on the category ”Udendørslegetøj” returns more than 1000 products. If A user navigates to the category ”Udendørslegetøj”, and then chooses the filters ”300-500 kr” and ”3-4 år” the following results are presented. What happened to the 300-500 kr filter?
  21. 21. Pitfall #4: Space trashing
  22. 22. Relevance versus Exposure space
  23. 23. Pitfall #5: Good sales reps don’t stutter

×