In this virtual course, you will learn how to get from a single database server to a scalable cluster, or from a brittle MySQL replication system to a transparent, manageable Continuent Tungsten …
In this virtual course, you will learn how to get from a single database server to a scalable cluster, or from a brittle MySQL replication system to a transparent, manageable Continuent Tungsten cluster.
We discuss the benefits of leveraging Continuent Tungsten clustering with MySQL, and walk you through the steps to implement a Continuent Tungsten cluster in Amazon EC2. We cover the prerequisites, installing and configuring Continuent Tungsten, and best practices that are part of most production installations and proof-of-concepts.
- Configuring MySQL and the OS for a proper Continuent Tungsten installation
- Installing a cross-site Continuent Tungsten cluster
- Online maintenance by performing a schema upgrade on the master database server with no application downtime (switch operation)
- Automatic master failover upon a MySQL database server failure
- Recovery of a failed master to a fully operational cluster member with a single command (recover operation)
- Disaster recovery by switching database operations to another data center or AWS region (geo-clustering, cross-site 'switch' operation)
- Multi-master operations across multiple geographic regions
We also demonstrate basic operations, such as adding and removing a cluster node, basic monitoring and troubleshooting, and discuss the basic failure scenarios.
Learn how to quickly configure and provision highly optimized Continuent Tungsten deployments in the cloud or on-premises.