Be the first to like this
Constellium has unveiled a sustainability roadmap that will guide the Company’s broad range of sustainability initiatives, including active energy saving and recycling programs. The roadmap formalizes and defines the company’s long-standing commitment to sustainability and sets ambitious goals and targets to enhance the sustainability of Constellium’s operations and business practices. The roadmap defines four main priorities of the Company’s sustainability efforts:
- reaching the highest standards of safety and skill development of Constellium employees;
- ensuring the highest level of transparency with respect to Constellium’s governance and its partnerships throughout the supply chain including suppliers, customers and other stakeholders;
- minimizing the environmental impact of the company’s operations; and
- designing, developing and manufacturing sustainable products based on a thorough life cycle analysis that increases, in particular, resource efficiency across the value chain.
Constellium has defined a comprehensive set of targets for each of these priorities, including:
- a further drop in the number of accidents, with a target of zero serious injury incidents in 2015 and a 60% reduction in recordable cases in 2014 versus 2010;
- a continued increase in energy efficiency (10% improvement from 2010 to 2015); and
- a systematic usage of Life Cycle Assessments in the company’s innovation projects.