TIPS AND TRICKS
10 Things to Remember
When Grading an Assignment
Centrally post your grading method or evaluation rubric for each
assignment at session’s start.
• Review the online Grade Book against the course syllabus to
verify that all assignments have been accurately built within the
• Confirm receipt of a student’s e-mailed assignment after
successfully opening and printing any attachments by replying.
• In your reply, include a generic “thank-you” and verbiage
indicating when you expect to have the assignment graded and
returned to the student.
• Offer extra-credit projects (if permitted) throughout the term to
help boost students’ grades.
• Include specific feedback on how you derived a grade.
• If not perfectly scored, offer suggestions on how the student can
achieve an “A” on future assignments.
• Use the online Grade Book or Assignment List options in the
LMS to quickly input all students’ grades for a particular
• Use the student links under your Enter Final Grades option to
browse all of a particular student’s grades when assessing a
10.Remember to enter final grades in both the LMS and your
university’s official system.
UNIVERSITY ALLIANCE www.ﬂoridatechonline.com