1. Tools for Competitor Analysis <ul><li>Objective </li></ul><ul><li>To Understand The degree of Competitive Edge </li></ul><ul><li>How to Assimilate a Competitive Tactics into OUR OWN Marketing or site design </li></ul><ul><li>By Usha V. Sagar </li></ul>
2. HOW TO ANALYSE <ul><li>Competitor Snapshots </li></ul><ul><li>Success Profiling </li></ul><ul><li>Technical Website Audits </li></ul><ul><li>SEO Optimization Review </li></ul>
3. Tool to Get Competitor Snapshots wmtips.com 1. Noted Backlinks in Google, Yahoo and Bing 2. Number of pages indexed on Google, Yahoo and Bing 3.Backlinks found within Google Blogsearch 4.Bookmarks discovered on Digg and Delicious 5.Indexed images in Google 6.Current top rankings 7.The history of the site 8.Robots.txt review 9.Website Load Speed
4. Why Snapshots helps It Helps us to determine which competitors are worth paying attention to
5. Success Profiling Tools Success profiling adds clarity to Competitor snapshots. Following are few of the few tools available. 1.Quantcast 2. Social Mention 3 Organic Rankings
6. Quantcast – If your competitor is enrolled in Quantcast, it would provide very good idea of - The sites traffic statistics - Country- wise Traffic - Demographics of their average visitors - Traffic Frequency
7. Social Mention – This site will provide details of your competetors social media activies - Social sentiment of their brand, - top keywords used, - top social properties they spend time on - top social properties function Once you know these, you can also use these as road map to success. SO NO GUSSING – WHERE TO FOCUS
8. Current Organic Rankings To discover where the competitors rank in the organic search engine results, you can use any one of the following services Paid Options Spyflu SEODigger SeMRush Compete
9. Organic Rankings -Free options <ul><li>Go to Google Adwords – Keyword Tool </li></ul><ul><li>Type the Competetors homepage link to URL filed </li></ul><ul><li>Copydown the resulting keywords in an excel sheet. </li></ul><ul><li>Delete Keywords which are unrelated to your Goal </li></ul><ul><li>Paste it in http:// www.advancedwebranking.com / </li></ul><ul><li> Enter the domains you want to check for rankings. </li></ul><ul><li>You will get comprehensive report in few minutes </li></ul>
10. Technical Website Audits Once you know the competitors are of your interest, you can learn more about what makes them click. Free Tools to check the website technologies are: 1. Builtwith.com 2. Robtex.com
11. Builtwith.com provides information about - Technologies used in the website - Analytics tools used - Coding Framework - CMS used - Helps to determine competetors site architecture
12. Robtex.com - It offers various tools to digg around the competitors server to determine number of details. - provides information like - IP Address - DNS Information
13. SEO Review Another most important component in Competitor analysis is SEO review 1. Onsite SEO Review 2. Offsite SEO Review
14. Onside SEO Review Helps us to Analyze pages and to understand the overall success of the site. Tools are: 1. Optispider – Paid tool. Provides information about the pages and keywords targetted in of the pages. Also points out the vulnerabilites such as missing title tags, broken links etc
15. 2. Website Grader - Provides detailed report about competitors site to a number of factors
16. The Offsite SEO Review A key factor for search engine rankings is link popularity. Google and other search engine look into these factors while evaluating rankings. Major tools for this are 1. Backlink Analyzer- Free Software which can be downloaded and installed from SEObook.com. Run it on your competitor to generate quality report on the top 1000 back links pointing to their site.
17. 2. Advanced Link Manger – 30 day Free version available. Enables you to run reports on your competitors backlinks. Enables you to built your own link building strategies 3. MajesticSEO.com - Provides detailed huge volume report incomming links report of any site. 4. Optilink software – 1000 Competitor incoming links are reported.
18. Making use of the above tools will reveal very intriguing information about your competitors. It is upto us to use the information for the purpose for which we want.
19. Grab the Secret of your competitors Success and make them all the better on your own site