eintellego networks' Skeeve Stevens at Global Telecom Week
OVER VxC FABRICS
Founder & Chief Architect of eintellego Networks
aka 'The ISP Guy'
WHO AM I?
• Founder & Chief Network Architect of eintellego Networks
• Near Futurist focusing on Technology such as
• Customers: National Icons, Service Providers, ASX listed companies,
Airports, Casinos, Hotel groups, Banks, State and Federal
Governments (AU and O/S)
• Built 275+ ISP networks in 10 countries (adding 2-3 per month)
• We specialising in taking Service Provider skills and thinking into
the enterprise space
WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT?
• A new way to deliver services to enterprises
• A dynamic, on-demand, scalable infrastructure
• The possibilities of 'buy-as-you-go' infrastructure
• The cutting-edge of network service delivery
• A telecommunications wholesale revolution
THE NEW PAYG REVOLUTION
• Cloud Apps
• Collaborative Consumption
• Collaborative Finance
• Human OnDemand
• Connectivity is next now
THE NEW NETWORK PARADIGM
• OnDemand is the new paradigm for business
• Eliminating unused infrastructure
• Do what you do well and let others do the rest
• Elimination of non-Core business functions
WHAT IS A VXC FABRIC?
• Layer 2 broker using 802.1q VLANs
• Extreme high-speeds
• On-Demand provisioning
• Simple to use
CURRENT XVC FABRIC PLAYERS
PEN (Pacnet Enabled Network)!
ü AU: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane (Perth
and others coming)
• INT: Other national Megaports coming –
Singpore soon (no Inter-MP VxC atm)
ü DC and Carrier Neutral
• Control by Speed
ü 10Gb, 40Gb, 100Gb
ü Third Parties for Local Loop
ü Free MLPA Peering / Lots of content
ü iPhone, Android, Windows App
ü VERY cheap
• Classic Switching
• AU: Sydney, Melbourne
ü INT: Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo,
USA (others coming – 14 DC’s)
• Pacnet DC and tails* only
ü Control by Speed, QoS, Latency
• 1mb to 1Gb
• Pacnet Local-Loop Only
• No Peering / No Content
• No App
• Not cheap
ü SDN Based
• IP Transit – Backup paths, On Demand
• Metro Access Tails / International Ethernet Circuits or IPVPN
• VoIP (SIP Trunks) / Hosted Call Manager / Hosted PBX / Cisco Unified Communications
• Desktop-aaS (AWS Workspaces launches last Friday)
• Storage-aaS / Backup-aaS / DR-aaS
• Security-aaS / DDoS Protection-aaS / CleanFeed / Firewall-aaS
• Remote Access-aaS (VPN)
• Video Conferencing-aaS
• Load Balancing-aaS
• Platforms-aaS (MS-aaS: MS-Exchange / MS-SQL / Sharepoint / Gaming / Render)
• Outsourced Enterprise Platforms (Accounting, SAP, Oracle, etc)
• Compute (Amazon Direct Connect, Microsoft ExpressRoute, OrionVM)
• Private Cloud Capacity / VMware-IaaS
WHAT CAN I BUY TODAY?
WHAT CAN YOU SELL?
• Current offerings which deliver over layer 2
• ANY Hardware which is multi-tenantable that supports
National Voice and Data
Managed Data Solutions
Over the Wire
Snap Internet SkyMesh
The Summit Group
World Without Wires
GoogleWHO IS CONNECTED?
• Base fee of $500/mth (10Gb) - includes MLPA
• 40Gb and 100Gb options available
• VxC’s are connection priced and speed agnostic
• Initiator pays. When people connect to you it doesn’t
cost you anything
WHAT DOES IT COST?
• Intra-State (any DC) $200/mth or about $20/day
• Intercap – $3/mb SYD-MEL, SYD-BNE
• No Terms/Contracts for VxC’s - One day, 1, month, 1
year - you decide
• Sleep your VxC - Leave it configured and only pay when
you use it
WHAT DOES IT COST?
• Removes a cost barrier
• Removes capability barrier
• Simplifies infrastructure
• Educated customers
• Buy and Sell unused capacity
HOW DOES THIS HELP YOU?
• This is the future of enterprise delivered services
• Megaport is the first public provider, Pacnet is more ‘private’
- others are coming
• You may be more ready than you realise - it is just VLANs
• In the next 1-2 years there will be multiple other VxC Fabric
• If you don’t do it, you WILL be left behind – Can you
really afford to ignore this marketplace? Telstra?
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?
FUTURE SERVICES ON VXC FABRICS
• Interconnected VxC Fabrics, Global – New L2 Net?
• Health/Medical, especially communications
• Printing Services
• Susbstitute WAN services
• Tail interconnections & International Carriers
• Special Purpose/Pro VxC Providers?
THE NEXT 24 MONTHS
• Explosion in marketplace offerings
• Carriers get in on the act – too late?
• Virtual-Real ISP
• Local Loop to VxC – tails get in on the act
Choose your VxC provider
• NBN to VxC
• Consumer VxC Services