1972 – Clean Water Act - EPA
1998 – TCEQ assumed program from EPA
2007 – 1st five-year Stormwater Management Plan
2013 – 2nd five-year Stormwater Management
◦ Submittal deadline to TCEQ is June 11, 2014
1. Public Education, Outreach, and Involvement
2. Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
3. Construction Site Stormwater Runoff
4. Post-Construction Stormwater Management
5. Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping
◦ Utility Bill Inserts
◦ Stormwater Website
◦ Adopt-a-Street Program
◦ Storm Drain Stenciling
Map the City’s storm sewer and sanitary sewer
Train staff to identify sanitary sewer leaks and illicit
Investigate and eliminate sanitary sewer leaks and
Encourage public reporting of illicit discharge.
Review construction plans for compliance with
Inspect construction sites for stormwater
Investigate public complaints of construction
Ensure long-term operation and maintenance of
post-construction stormwater controls.
Train staff on post construction runoff regulations
and final inspection procedures.
Maintain an inventory of City facilities.
Maintain permits and spill prevention plans for
Clean storm drains and inlets as necessary.
Conduct vehicle maintenance on a regular