• Recent revisions to the sign ordinance
• Summary of existing regulations and
potential changes for:
– Electronic Message Boards; and
– Fuel Price Signs
• Receive direction regarding pursuit of
Sign Ordinance Amendments Since 2009
• Allowed temporary signs for Home Tour Events.
• Added Projection and Light Pole signs section for Wolf Pen Creek District.
2010: Exempted Primary & Secondary Educational Facilities from sign regulations,
though they must adhere to prohibitions.
• Added Campus Wayfinding signage section.
• Allowed Light Pole signs to count as Attached signs.
• Reduced color restrictions for OV Corridor Overlay signs.
• Updated Sign Visibility Standards.
2012: Allowed one Low Profile sign per building in Suburban Commercial zoning.
2014: Allowed Places of Worship in residential districts along freeways to have
Electronic Message Boards
• May be up to 30% of
allowable sign area.
• Message may not
change more than once
per 24-hour period.
• Individuals at Hear
Visitors earlier this
year requested boards
be able to change up
to once per hour.
Fuel Price Signs
• Additional sign for the
purpose of fuel pricing.
• Max of 16 square feet
• May be added to area
of a freestanding or
• Letter request to
increase maximum to
20 square feet.
• Receive direction from Council regarding
pursuit of potential ordinance amendments.