Agenda Item # 1
Chimney Hill Redevelopment
• Property owned by the City of College Station. The City
has entered into an Economic Development Agreement
and Sale and Purchase Agreement with PM Realty Group.
• Redevelopment of old commercial shopping center along
University Drive East, a primary image corridor.
• Rezoning will remove the OV Corridor Overlay for the
property and have a base zoning of a modified GC
General Commercial and R-6 High Density Multi-Family.
• Includes a vertical mixed use building with a parking
garage and four buildings that orient toward an interior
plaza, and allows hotel use in place of residential.
• Building Setbacks: Reduced along front and rear
• Parking Setback: Reduced along Tarrow Street
• Minimum Parking: No additional parking for
intense uses; residential at 1 space per bedroom
• Right-Of-Way Dedication: None anticipated
• Non-Residential Architecture Standards:
Exempt accessory buildings; exempt parking garage
as long as painted to compliment building
• Additional/Modified Signage:
– Allow Wayfinding signage;
– Allow Light Pole signs in the interior plaza;
– In addition to a Freestanding sign, allow one Low Profile
sign per building;
– Allow Apartment Identification signs at each intersection
of Tarrow Street with University Drive East;
– For Attached signs, count residential public entry façade
and back of commercial buildings facing University Drive
East as part of calculation for allowable signage; and
– Appeals to staff determinations can be appealed to
Design Review Board (DRB).
• At their May 1st meeting, the Planning & Zoning
Commission recommended approval with the
– an additional right-turn lane be provided on
southbound Tarrow Street at the intersection
University Drive East; and
– the ordinance is not effective unless a deed
executed for purchase of the property is recorded in
the Official Records of Brazos County, Texas on or
before September 15, 2014.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.