1. DOES LINK BUILDING
STILL MAKE SENSE
Karol Pokojowczyk from Colibri.io
2. Links are one of the criteria used
by search engines to rank your
3. Essentially, the more pages that
are linking to your page, the
more valuable it is to the search
4. In the past, link building was
based on quantity more than
5. However, because of ongoing
changes in Google’s search
algorithm, it is now, more than
ever, crucial to focus on the value
of the links.
6. • links coming from pages that
spontaneously link to your website,
• links acquired through outreach,
• self-created, non-editorial links that are
posted on forums or in comment sections.
There are three types of links, depending
on the method of their acquisition:
7. The most common forms of link
• guest blogging
• content marketing initiatives
• resource page link building
• digital PR
8. Guest blogging refers to offering
other blogs in your niche a place
to post your content.
Ideally, it’s a win-win situation
that brings advantages to
9. Interlinking means making the
most of your own websites.
You can direct a user from one
sub-page to another, and from
blog to landing page, etc.
10. There is a wide range of link
building tactics that are based on
a submission of your content,
whether it’s your website, your
blog or a single article.
11. Those are, among others:
• Article directories – where you can
upload your articles for more
exposure and traffic
• Web 2.0. websites – where you can
submit various kinds of content such
as pictures or videos
• Press release submitting (e.g.,
12. According to research, the biggest
obstacles to overcome when using
link building tactics are as follows:
1. Finding link prospects
2. Creating effective and efficient
processes for link building
3. Getting a response from link
4. Distinguishing between high
quality and low quality links
13. In order to search for link
prospects you can employ several
14. Google search.
You can use advanced search
queries to receive the most
relevant pages possible or
employ local searches through
Google Maps as well.
15. Monitor competitor’s backlinks
This way you can identify the
sources with high potential for
16. Social media search.
This is literally a gold mine of link
17. Does link bulding still make
18. There has been a dispute over
the Internet on the utility and
effectiveness of link building,
especially in the light of changes
that have been made in search
19. We’ve already established that
high quality content is the key.
20. But there is no guarantee that a
great content will promote itself. It
needs to be done and link building
is one of the ways to do it.
21. Link building based on example of HigherClick.com
22. Insert CTA Header
Higher Click is an inbound marketing
consultancy business, which started in 2010
and is based in Budapest while operating in
UK and US.
23. Insert CTA Header
Their back linking strategy translates into
actual traffic and is focused around high
quality content, great backlinks and last but
not least conversions and ROI.
24. Insert CTA Header
They not only provide their customers with the
truly informative and readable content, but
also this content is optimized for search
phrases that clients of their clients search
25. Are there any tools that
can help me out?
26. In order to manage your inbound
links, you need to monitor them
constantly, measure their impact
on your traffic and, more
importantly, on the conversions
that drive your business.
27. Some of the tools not only deliver
above information but include
SERP tracking, competitor
monitoring and even more
enriching insights on how to make
your online business efforts more
28. Colibri IO tells where your Customers are on Google, Bing, Quora,
Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and 3rd party blogs. It delivers crafted
Growth Ideas on how to increase traffic and sales. Colibri IO
provides you with a simple, yet Advanced Monitoring platform for
SEO, Social, Traffic and Conversions.
29. The future of link building
30. Having proved that link building
is still a valid SEO method, it’s
time to ask the question –
what about the future?
31. The Link Building Survey 2013
showed a tendency for the
outreach-dependent forms of link
building to be taking priority for
the upcoming future.
32. This involves investing in tactics
such as guest blogging, digital
PR, infographics and building
long-term relationships with
33. This implies a constantly growing
importance of the content quality
and relationship building.
34. Insert CTA Header
This article was originally published on
Technorati. Find out more:
Does link building still make sense in 2013?
35. Author: Karol Pokojowczyk
CEO Colibri IO