Embrace the front-end revolution - Sánchez-Mariscal
Embrace the front-end
Web Architect —
• Passionate software developer.
• Worked at IBM BCS, BEA Systems and
• Founded Salenda in 2005.
• Working now at Odobo as Web Architect.
• Living between Madrid and Gibraltar.
• HTML5 games platform for:
• Game developers.
• Check out https://play.odobo.com and try
revolution from a
• The views and the business logic are
• Server-side generated views.
• Full-stack frameworks require full-stack
The full-stack developer
Can write code on
every layer of the
Q: How do you see
yourself as a
• Great if they are really full-stack.
• Not so good if they are back-end
developers, with some jQuery knowledge
and pixel-up-down-ok CSS skills.
• Makes less sense when your company has
truly front-end developers.
developers out there.
• NodeJS is the new framework for
• There is a lot of tools built with/around
• Single Page Applications are more
• All the page changes are in the browser.
• UI and API are deployed separately.
• You can redeploy as many times as you want,
to do A/B testing, for example.
• Separation of responsibilities.
• Developers can concentrate on making each
tier a robust and secure system.
• You get ready from the beginning to
expose an API. Can be useful for
• Public consumers.
• Mobile applications.
• Back-office applications.
• Think whether your team/company has
full-stack developers or not.
• Think if the teams need to scale.
• From a RESTful point of view, you need to
• For that, you need to avoid server-centric,
• Break down your applications into a truly
Web Architect —
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.