2. MOOC – A NEW WAY TO LEARN!• This workshop will introduce you to the epcop mooc and unpack the learning the team had in designing, developing and delivering a massive open online course on eportfolios to 300+ participants, totally online.• Join in with the Mightybell experience: Prepare to be a self-directed learner: http://tinyurl.com/7alk7vw• Please ask questions at the Q&A points along the way
3. WHAT IS A MOOC?Massive Open Online CourseA Massive open online course (MOOC) is a course where the participants are distributedand course materials also are dispersed across the web.The course is not a gathering, but rather a way of connecting distributed instructors andlearners across a common topic or field of discourse.MOOCs are a more recent form of online course development, departing from formats thatrely on posted resources, Learning Management Systems, and structures that mix the LMSwith more open web resources.Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_open_online_course
4. UNPACKING A MOOC!FreeFacilitatedCollectiveSelf-directedNetworkedBack channelledModular
5. SELF-DIRECTED LEARNING!• What is a self-directed learner?• How do you prepare yourself to be self-directed?
6. THE EPCOP STORY ConVerge11
7. THE CHAPTERS1. Eportfolio community of practice 2. Eportfolio MOOC
8. THE OUTCOMES (EPCOP.NET.AU) EpCop.net.au • 166 members • 118 topics of conversation • Collaboration with AAEEBL and EPAC • 2010 – 2011 12 Webinars
9. THE OUTCOMES (EPCOP MOOC) EpCoP MOOC • 365 registrations from 30 countries • 238 participants in the community • 65 discussion forum topics • 25 blogs • July-September - 28 webinars • Creative Commons Learnspace
10. International participantsMOOC PARTICIPATIONAustralian Participants
11. A MOOC FOCUSSED ON EPORTFOLIOS• E-portfolio Aims and Objectives• Collaborative design• Discussions and Networks• Collaboration and Facilitation• Reporting and Evaluation
12. E-PORTFOLIO AIMS AND OBJECTIVES VET practitioners developing a professional e-portfolio to support their CPD needs (eg industry and professional currency) Three types of e-portfolio use in mind: • Lifelong learning • Current course participation • Recognition of Prior Learning
13. CAN ONE E-PORTFOLIO DO THE JOB?
14. WHAT IS AN E-PORTFOLIO?
15. MIND-MAPPING THE DESIGN
16. BUILDING PROFILES OF LEARNERS
17. MOOC LEARNSPACE• June 2011 – August 2011• Google site selected for ease of Collaboration on MOOC design https://sites.google.com/site/epcoplearnspace/
18. COMMUNITY: AT THE NING
19. THE MOOC REFLECTIONS http://moocepcop.edublogs.org/
20. MOOC MISSIONS & QUESTS Level 1 quests: • Commit some time • Set up a blog • Attend a webinar • Do some reading • Do some listening • Create a personal plan • Introduce yourself Do some networking • Have fun! Level 1 mission: Establish your understanding of e-portfolios.