Willard Christopher Smith, Jr.(born September 25, 1968) is anAmerican actor and rapper. He wasborn in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania,the second of four children.Will Smith started his career as partof the pop-rap duo DJ Jazzy Jeff &the Fresh Prince, performinghumorous, radio-friendly songs,most notably "Parents Just DontUnderstand". Smith was acharismatic and energeticperformer, and in 1990 the NBCtelevision network signed him upand built a sitcom, The FreshPrince of BelAir, around him. Smithbegan a successful movie careernear the shows end with Bad Boys(1995).
Catherine Zeta-Jones (bornSeptember 25, 1969) is anAcademy Award-winning Welshactress.She was born Catherine Jones andhails from Mumbles, Wales.Her stage career began inchildhood. She sang and dancedher way to local stardom as a partof a catholic congregationsperforming troupe before she wasten years of age, and by 1987 shewas appearing in Forty-SecondStreet in the West End. Once theshow closed, Catherine travelled toFrance, where she received thelead role in French director PhillippeDe Brocas 1001 Nights (a.k.a.Sheherazade), her feature filmdebut.
Nadia Comaneci (full name Nadia ElenaComaneci) was born on November 12, 1961 inOnesti, Romania. She is a Romanian gymnastwho won five Olympic medals being considered one of the worlds greatest gymnasts.She competed for the first time in the nationalchampionship in 1970 for her towns team andsoon after this she started to work with thegreat coach Bella Karolyi and his wife Martha.At the age of 13 she won at the Europeanchampionship in Norway in 1970 3 gold medalsand one silver. In the same year AssociatedPress called her "the sport-woman of the yearin Romania".In 1976 she became at the Summer OlympicGames in Quebec Canada a very big star.Nadia Comaneci succeed to obtain 6 times thebest mark:10 (first in the history of gymnastic)and won 3 gold medals, 1 silver and a bronzeone. When she came back in Romania wascalled "Hero of the Socialistic Labor", and wasthe youngest person who got that distinction.
Martin Luther King, Jr. (January 15,1929–April 4, 1968) was a NobelLaureate Baptist minister and AfricanAmerican civil rights activist. He is oneof the most significant leaders in U.S.history and in the modern history ofnonviolence, and is considered a hero,peacemaker and martyr, Martin LutherKing Day was established in his honor.King was born in Atlanta, Georgia tothe Rev. Martin Luther King, Sr. andAlberta Williams King. He graduatedfrom Morehouse College with aBachelor of Arts degree (in Sociology)in 1948 and from Crozer TheologicalSeminary with a Bachelor of Divinity in1951. He received his Ph.D. insystematic theology from BostonUniversity in 1955.
• Topic: Biographies• Competence: Writing about one’s and other’s lives and experiences• Objective of the lesson: enable students to express personal and people’s lives and experiences in the past.
• Model 1:• Orally the teacher provides part of his /her past experiences about his/her life. I was born in Monterrey, N.L. 44 years ago. I studied at the American School Foundation of Monterrey, we had lots of classrooms, football fields and a big science lab. I moved to Pachuca and lived in San Lunes a beautiful place. I attended Secondary at Lestonnac School, then my high school was at Prepa 1. I studied my degree in English Language Teaching at UAEH and had wonderful classmates and teachers . I took a very interesting course last June. • Model 2 Students are asked to read individually the examples provided.
• Knowledge:• I was born in Monterrey, N.L. 44 years ago.• Will Smith started his career as part of the pop- rap duo DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince.• I attended Secondary at Lestonnac School.• Catherine travelled to France, where she received the lead role.• I took a very interesting course last June.• Nadia Comaneci succeed to obtain 6 times the best mark 10.• . He received his Ph.D. in systematic theology from Boston University in 1955.
• 2. Use of the language structure:• Information about simple past: It is used to talk about actions or situations that started and finished at a specific time in the past. Sometimes, the speaker may not actually mention the specific time, but they do have one specific time in mind.• 3. Simple past•• 4 Focus on language structure FORM VERB + ed or irregular verbs• 5 Homework: Examples of past sentences
Practice:1. Writing sentences in past In classsimple2. Write a short biography of Homeworka famous personwww.biography.com/3. Talk about their past In class/pair workexperiences4. Report others classmate’s In classexperiences
• Evaluation• Talk about some of your past experiences• Marking criteria: Holistic3) Complete understanding with appropriate vocabulary and few, if any, circumlocutions.2) Meaning understood despite occasional inappropriate vocabulary or circumlocutions.1) Meaning not fully clear or ambiguous because of restricted/inappropriate vocabulary
• Write about the experiences of others, emphasize on the most interesting and exciting experiences she/he had• Marking Criteria: Analytic6. Few or any noticeable error of grammar or word order.5. Some errors of grammar or word order which do not, however, interfere with comprehension.4. Errors of grammar or word order fairly frequent, occasional re-reading necessary for full comprehension.3. Error of grammar or word order frequent, efforts of interpretation sometimes required on the readers part.2. Errors of grammar or word order very frequent, reader often has to rely on interpretation.1. Errors of grammar or word order so severe as to make comprehension virtually impossible.
• Task completion3 - Addresses the writing task effectively, with appropriate vocabulary2 - Some parts of the writing task are not addressed, some errors in grammar structure1 - Addresses only slight parts of the task, Errors in spelling or punctuation so frequent that reader must often rely on own interpretation