Martin Luther King.
By Juan Rios and Clarissa Meza
About his life.
• Marin Luther king was born in January
15, 1929 and sadly died April 4, 1968.
• Was father of 4 children.
• His parents’ names were Martin Luther
King, Sr. and Alberta Williams King.
Who was he?
• He was an American pastor, activist and
• He was the leader of the African- American
civil rights movement.
• Martin Luther King was best known for his
roles in civil rights and civil nonviolent and
civil disobedience which were all based in
• Nobel Peace Prize in 1964
• Presidential Medal Of Freedom in 1964.
• Congressional Gold Medal
• Being the main force behind civil rights
• He organized the largest gathering in history
on March 1963 in Washington.
• He also won the Noble Prize Award.
Well known quotes in history!
• “I have a dream that my four little children will
one day live in a nation where they will not be
judged by the color of their skin, but by the
content of their character.”- Martin Luther
Which was his best speech?
• Throughout history the speech given by
Martin Luther King; ‘ I Have a Dream’ has been
well known/remembered by many of us
because of its inspirational use of words and
its magnificent way of showing the world that
it is worth chasing dreams.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.