NOTES: The New Forecast The Gartner forecast for HVD now extends to 2016. Compared to our previous HVD forecast (in 2010), the total penetration or migration of users from the professional PC installed base is similar but takes place over a longer period. Our expectation is that current deployments, while starting to become more consistent in volume, are still low. In 2011 we saw just under 6 million new users deployed on HVD. To put this figure into perspective, it represents less than 1.6% of the current worldwide total professional PC installed base — and highlights the difference between hype and reality. Our user surveys have all indicated the intention of organizations both large and midsize to adopt HVD. The reality is that in the short-term the prohibitive cost will continue to limit the real appeal of this platform. QUOTES: Quotes Gartner expects that by the end of 2016, 30% of large organizations (more than 1,000 users) will have deployed HVDs to 20% of their users or more. Gartner expects that HVD capabilities will provide a user experience comparable to that of PCs by 2014. Gartner believes HVD capex will fall by 10% by 2014. TCO reductions of up to 13% compared to well-managed desktops are likely to be realized beyond year three of a deployment. CAGR if Total Installed Base is 33.1% from 2012-2016
Built on the leading desktop virtualization, data center and storage platforms Built with the leading collaboration, networking, security technologies
To be clear, it all begins with unified communications for us. UC is not just our control point for voice, it ’s also the center for video. Whether the services are based in the cloud or on premises, we enable that any-to-any from a mobile to a device and all points in between.
solution-level technical support and VXI infrastructure optimization to ensure peak application performance and end-user productivity: Cisco Allied Services for VXI and Optimization Services .
Your customers are increasingly seeing and implementing the benefits of VXI with VMware, and you, our partners, and central in making these happen. Let me share a couple with you. OST helped Metro Health address the challenges of -improving clinician workflow, -eliminating redundant workstation logins, -improving desktop accessibility, as well as timeliness of data capture. They did all of this by implementing Cisco VXI with VMware View… … as did Champion Solutions Group who worked with Oak Hills School District to deliver the next generation classroom: -eliminating outdated lab equipment -improving the student to PC ratio -and helping improve student learning And finally, Seattle University came to Presidio when they needed to: -improve lab desktop manageability -respond quicker to faculty and student application needs -and reduce their desktop lifecycle OPEX You can learn all about how VXI transformed these 3 customers, with VXI and VMware, and the capabilities that our partners bring to the table. I encourage you to check out the links provided here to learn more, and I look forward to more successes like these working with your teams.
As part of our Momentum campaign designed to help our VMware and Cisco partners drive revenue with VXI, we ’ve assembled a number of assets to accelerate your success, including: -a new VXI with View Grid campaign available on thepartnergrid.com -helpful sales collateral like the VXI with View Solution Overview -and an animated whiteboard presentation you can use with customers or for training your team
1. Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) Smart Solution Unified Virtual Desktop, Voice and VideoSrikrupa SrivatsanProduct Manager08/29/2012© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 1
2. © 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 2
3. Mobility Consumerization New Business Models • Work from anywhere • Support any device • Access to best experts • Access to all applications • Support any OS • Attract next-generation • Ensure application quality workforce • Operate in new markets Do It All Securely Do It All Securely© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 3
4. Smart Solution Components Tested, Validated, Documented Designs Integrated Cisco + 3rd Party Roadmaps Solution Lifecycle Management Services Practices Technical Training and Support Cisco and Partner Enablement: Demos, ROI Assets, Tools, Financing© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 4
5. In Millions Gartner Hosted Virtual Desktop Installed Base Forecast Graphic adaptation created by Cisco based on Gartner data. Source: Gartner, Inc., Forecast: Hosted Virtual Desktops, Worldwide, 2010-2014 (2012 Update)© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 5
6. Virtual Desktops Secure Flexible Data Center Data Apps Virtual Workspace Video Device Workspace Media Voice Borderless Collaboration Networks Location Uncompromised© 2011 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 66
7. VXI is the ideal platform for desktop virtualization… ▼ Unified Workspace Unified Workspace Virtual Desktops Virtual Desktops • • Rich Media, Voice, Video Rich Media, Voice, Video • • Unified Communications Unified Communications • • More scalable More scalable • • Network Optimization Network Optimization • • More secure More secure • • End-to-End Security End-to-End Security • • Higher performance Higher performance • • Fully integrated solution Fully integrated solution • • Simplified deployment Simplified deployment • • Reduced costs Reduced costs ▲ …and delivers the solution for Unified Workspace© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 7
8. Healthcare Finance Education • Secure access to patient data • Secure, flexible • Sharing computing resources • Regulatory compliance computing • Simple and fast provisioning • Mobility for doctors • Regulatory compliance • Control IT costs • Disaster recovery Government Contact Center Retail • Secure access to sensitive information • Reduced agent seat cost • Retail Kiosks and displays • User based authentication/authorization • Quick on-boarding • Easy Management • Global coverage© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 8
9. Business •Enhanced security and compliance - centralized control of data, applications, communications and infrastructure •Lower operating costs - optimized infrastructure, simplified operations •Business agility - maximized by secure provisioning of more end users IT •Integrated workspace solution - that brings virtual desktop and collaboration together •Optimized infrastructure - data center, networking and collaboration technologies •Faster, simpler deployment - desktop virtualization and workspace services End Users •Superior work style experience - access to all applications, communications and collaboration services, anywhere on any device© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 9
10. Cisco Products Virtualized Data Center Borderless Network Collaborative Workspace APPLICATIONS/DESKTOP OS AnyConnect Cisco Collaboration Apps VXC 6215 Thin Client Identity Services DESKTOP VIRTUALIZATION SOFTWARE Engine HYPERVISOR CDN VXC 4000 Software Appliance WAAS UC Mgr vWAAS UCS WAAS ASA VXC 22xx & 21xx Routing (ISR) Zero Clients Security Nexus Gateway 1000v PoE Tablets DCN Cloud Compute Smart Phones Laptops STORAGE Ultrabooks Switching End to End Management and Optimization© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 10
11. Secure Simplified Scalable Core Elements •Unified Computing System (UCS) Solution •Unified Fabric Partners: App App App App Data •Unified Management •Storage Partners Open / App. Energy Workload Security Continuity Standards Performance Efficiency Mobility •Hypervisor Partners •Virtual Desktop Software Partners •Integrated, tested and validated Unified Unified Unified Fabric Computing Management Nexus 5000 MDS 9500 Nexus 1000V UCS© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 11
12. Campus Service Provider Optimized LAN/WAN Virtualization Aware FCOE Data Branch Center ACCESS END-TO-END SECURITY OPTIMIZED WAN INFRASTRUCTURE Endpoints delivering Single Point Policy, WAAS-based Scalable virtual Compute rich-media experience, Mobile endpoints, Optimization, High Scalable, simple UPOE, Plug and Play Consistent physical availability networking Auto Smartports and virtual security Cloud-ready Virtual Uncompromised User Experience Enabled by Switches the Workspace-Optimized Borderless Network© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 12
13. • Any Device, Any OS • Virtual or Native • Mobile or Desktop-bound • BYOD or Company-issued Cisco Unified Cisco Unified Communications Communications© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 13
14. Plan Build Manage Optimization and Solution Support Implementation Services • Discovery Session • Strategy Plan • Assessment Planning and Design • Planning and Design • Pre-Production Pilot Build • User Migration Services Strategy and Assessment • Allied Services for VXI Manage • Optimization© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 14
15. Metro Health Oak Hills SD Seattle University Challenge: Challenge: Challenge: • Improve clinician workflow • Outdated technology for students • Short desktop lifecycles, difficult app • Support 1000’s of point-of-care desktops • Disproportional ratio of devices to management, high OPEX with simplicity, efficiency students • Inability to meet specific real-time app • Secure, reliable access to patient data requests from students and faculty Results: Results: Results: • Streamlined workflows for referential • Nearly 1:1 ratio of smart devices to • Faster response times to image viewing, follow-me desktops and students student/faculty needs dictation • Unlimited access to school projects • Conversion of lab machines to virtual • Reduced capital expenses • Increased student efficiency and desktops • Simplified application management productivity on assignments Video: http://bit.ly/w4FkZJ Study: http://bit.ly/yEDPjE Study: http://bit.ly/aSo37F© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 15
16. • Learn • www.cisco.com/go/vxi • Technical • VXI with View Validated Design http://bit.ly/jmjkfD • Cisco Desktop Virt. with View Validated Design (VDI): • EMC: http://bit.ly/em6Bfh NetApp: http://bit.ly/e9PM9K • VXI with View on Cisco UCS – Cisco VXI with View - Solution Overview Performance Whitepaper http://bit.ly/Ot9YnJ http://bit.ly/wJ5Xjq© 2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Cisco Confidential 16