Be the first to like this
Industry: Public sector
Business Issue: Transformation of city and citizen service
• Drancy was one of the poorest cities in France in 2000.
• City was losing population and experiencing high crime rates.
• Lack of business infrastructure discouraged new employers.
• Reverse the net outflow of citizens from the city, decrease crime, and attract more businesses by transforming Drancy into a leading technology and commerce center through investments in new networking and collaborative video tools.
• Cisco TelePresence implemented for global communication.
• Cisco WebEx adopted for critical supplier communication.
• Cisco Flip Video camcorders and software engaged to speed time to communicate and improve clarity of messaging.
• Cisco Video Surveillance Manager, in combinations with Cisco Physical Access Control, for local and national police safety and security activities.
• Fiber network managed by Cisco Nexus 7000 series switch to enable virtualization, data center growth, and high performance.
• Attracted new site for Eurocopter, resulting in 750 new jobs
• Attracted top engineering school, which will bring 1700 students and 200 professors to area
• Reduced crime by 30 percent to become the second-safest suburb of Paris
• Initiated program to provide computer education to 7000 schoolchildren
• Saved thousands of Euros in travel time and related expenses. Increased productivity, bridging government and suppliers