2. A computer is a device that acceptsinput, processes data, stores data and produces output. Input Process Output Storage
3. • Input is the process of entering data into the computer.• Getting data out of the computer is the job of output devices.
4. Basic functions of a computer:Input Entering of data into a computerProcessing Transform data into meaningful informationOutput Getting processed data out of the computerStorage Saving the data in the computer for later useRetrieval Data is fetched from the computer and read
5. Some Examples of An :Input Devices Output Devices
6. • A computer can be divided into two main categories: Hardware and Software.• Hardware, are the physical units that make up a computer system ,all those units that can be seen or touched.• Software, is another word for programs which are still on the computer and cannot be touched.
7. There are two main types of software : Software System Software Application Software
8. • Application Software is the kind of software that people use to perform a general-purpose task, such as word processing software.• System Software is the software that the computer uses to manage its own internal activities and run application software.• The Operating System is the most important software, because without it no computer hardware can function.
9. Example:User Application System Hardware Software Software
10. Input CPU Output-Keyboard 1 2 3 -Printer Main Memory *1. Address Bus Storage 2. Data Bus -Hard disk 3. Control Bus
11. Main Components of a Computer are :• The Central Processing Unit (CPU) & the main memory .• The Backing Storage• The 3 Buses• ** A bus is a data roadway along which data and commands to travel.